IGNORED

Richard Gould

GrahamC

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My concerns started when he in effect self-promoted himself from COO to CEO, sacked the HoR and bizarrely got more involved in recruitment.  Big klaxon went off in my head…..not helped by someone telling me about his previous work here as consultant.

He’s gone, I’m relieved.  We now have people in place who care about our club.  Ashton is a wannabe footballer desperate to feel like he’s a pro player, when in fact he wasn’t good enough (that’s no disgrace)….and is trying to suck money out of football in various business ventures.  He’s no better than a dodgy agent.

Even the fact he mentioned several times about being a goalkeeper for West Brom ,despite there being no record of this (that I’m aware of), stinks of Jay from Inbetweeners vibes

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Aren’t you the same person who said, with no evidence, every single Johnson signing has turned a profit?  

None of johnsons signing turned a profit, johnson didn't make them ashton did

If anything it proves what a good job johnson actually did under that snake oil sales man

25 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

No I didn’t say that I said enough to justify his spending. And that this spending has not put the club in “trouble” 

I assure you if the right signing was available last night Lansdown would have spent. The fact you feel having Chris Martin, Andreas Weiman and Nahki Wells is a club in trouble is ridiculous and completely misrepresents where the club is at right now. 

The club is now in far better shape than it was a year ago when we all know that the club had become a shambles under Ashton as CEO and LJ.

The improvements are down to the appointment of Nige and some of his former Leicester colleagues on and off the pitch  and the appointment of RG and tbf it hasn’t taken long to clear up the mess.

On the pitch Nige had released all the unwanted players, a new contract for Baker and recruited Atkinson, King and James and the new FB Tanner - so far no striker but I’m not convinced that City needed one when there are several youngsters available, Bell, Conway Semenyo et el. They’ll get a chance in the event of injury or suspension to Martin, Wells or Weimann.

Things are definitely on the up - there’s a much better vibe about AG these days.

Archived