IGNORED

Andy Weimann Song

Red Skin

When this started to be sung it took me a while to figure out the words and months to realise it was (supposed to be) sung to the chorus of Starman by David Bowie.  I think I was told by someone.  It makes you wonder how many of those singing have actually heard the original!!

Would sound much better if it was slowed down to same speed as the original and actually stuck with the tune.   The slowed down version of 'When the Spurs coming marching in' is far superior to the fast version IMHO.

As if me posting on here will make that happen!!  ?.  I just needed to get it off my chest because it's been bugging me.  

https://youtu.be/tRcPA7Fzebw

• The title was changed to Andy Weimann Song
25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I always though his song was...

Andi Weimann

Wears our red and white

He plays for Bristol City

and he's f*&%ing dynamite

To the tune of starman.

Sounds right, although I always thought the 2nd line was...

"He plays in red and white"- however your one may well be it. Rest seems right either way.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I always thought his song was...

Andi Weimann

Wears our red and white

He plays for Bristol City

and he's f*&%ing dynamite

To the tune of starman.

My point was it bears only a passing resemblence to the actual tune and is currently sang at naff clap along 'stars on 45' pace!  

It's an arms in the air slow ballad for me.  But then again I've always been a romantic fool.   

(Think @Mr Popodopolous is right about the words).

7 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

My point was it bears only a passing resemblence to the actual tune and is currently sang at naff clap along 'stars on 45' pace!  

It's an arms in the air slow ballad for me.  But then again I've always been a romantic fool.   

(Think @Mr Popodopolous is right about the words).

I'm sure he is RS.

The thing is, it seems songs have to be sung at a million words a second nowadays and it's not just us, 'drink up thee cider' is a race now when it never used to be and even the swamp dwellers sing their only song so fast now that they miss a bit out.

I'm with you, just slow it all down boys!

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm sure he is RS.

The thing is, it seems songs have to be sung at a million words a second nowadays and it's not just us, 'drink up thee cider' is a race now when it never used to be and even the swamp dwellers sing their only song so fast now that they miss a bit out.

Singing a football song is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...  ?

3 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Wasn't looking for more suggestion.   His song is fine.  Just the way, it's sung winds me up.  

If anything we need this creative songwriting for some of the other new signings.  

It became really obvious a few seasons ago when Leeds were here and they were all singing something with timed gaps in it that we just seem incapable of. Take HNM the need to stick a 1234 in there just to stop everyone blurting out the next verse takes the edge off it being a great song for me.

Don’t get me wrong though gaps in songs or singing them at a decent pace is a nice to have on top of a songs actually being sung at all and sung loud by as many people as possible.

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It became really obvious a few seasons ago when Leeds were here and they were all singing something with timed gaps in it that we just seem incapable of. Take HNM the need to stick a 1234 in there just to stop everyone blurting out the next verse takes the edge off it being a great song for me.

Don’t get me wrong though gaps in songs or singing them at a decent pace is a nice to have on top of a songs actually being sung at all and sung loud by as many people as possible.

Agree. But as afore mentioned. The excitement takes over, along with the fact I suspect a lot of the “singers” don’t know the original songs. 

I always enjoyed stead will tear you apart, again. 

Feel we need a hard refresh of our songs- maybe a job for this international break ready for back to back home game. 

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

There was a man, who was a fan and KINGY was his name ooooo

K I N G-Y 

K I N G-Y

K I N G-Y and KINGY was his name oooo

ill get my coat. 

The simple thing..

He's one of our own

He's one of our own

Andy King

He's one of our own

On 31/08/2021 at 15:25, Ska Junkie said:

I'm sure he is RS.

As I say to my fellow band members in the minutes before a gig - even when the adrenaline kicks in, as tempting as it is to rush through the tunes, just let the songs breathe ... 

Our songs need an injection of imagination. Most of ours (wurzels aside) are so basic.

Eg. clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap CITY

or

when we score,

that god awful noise, finishing with everyone shouting CITY

Some, as meaningful as they are (8 men had a dream), just don't get the crowd behind them. The ultra chant that started with the megaphone belongs in Argentina. 

Others are so close to greatness but get ruined with unimaginative lines like “he drinks the vodka” - no relation to anything.

probably why our atmosphere is always a bit lacking.

The Most original song we have is Dan Bentleys. More of that sort of thing please.

Archived