IGNORED

Fitness Check-up

Davefevs

10 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Love this video, particularly the gym segment. BCFC media really upping their game. Would be great to hear how their benchmarks and metrics improve with the new regime, but I doubt this will ever be shared in public.

Won't need to worrie about benchmarks and metrics it will be noticeable on the pitch ? But yes it would be interesting to know.

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It was mentioned they would do this in one of the earlier videos. I wasn't sure how often they'd do the tests , great way of seeing how everyone is keeping up with fitness. Seems a huge difference to last year.

Massive difference to last year - this time last year we were still stuck under COVID restrictions/process/protocols and training for 30 mins a day.

How you can train for 30 minutes a day for 2  90 minute games a week I don't understand and points to why our fitness levels were so bad. 

32 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Massive difference to last year - this time last year we were still stuck under COVID restrictions/process/protocols and training for 30 mins a day.

How you can train for 30 minutes a day for 2  90 minute games a week I don't understand and points to why our fitness levels were so bad. 

As Orme said in his podcast they got it wrong last summer, they thought the 2 week gap between end of season and pre-season would mean the players didn’t lose much fitness….but in hindsight they did….and therefore they weren’t ready for a condensed fixture schedule.

Other clubs had the same restrictions, but didn’t suffer like us.

Brentford started slowly and I remember Thomas Frank saying it was a sacrifice they were prepared to take as they did their normal pre-season….because they knew it worked, and saw it being too big a risk to try a new approach.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Yeah , I should have said last couple of years. It's not just fitness, the whole thing seems (admittedly at a distance) more professional . 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Good to see there is some sharing of facilities between Rugby and football.  

There's a lot that football teams can learn from rugby (and also basketball) regarding explosive strength. Football is increasingly becoming a more physical game and shared expertise will be really useful.

Having a fitness team who knows how to correctly utilise this knowledge for a different sport could be a huge development.

Archived