IGNORED

Nicky Maynard Mansfield to Tranmere on a free

CyderInACan

15 minutes ago, bris red said:

So since 2014 he has been at Wigan, MK dons, Aberdeen, Bury, Mansfield, Newport County and now the might Tranmere Rovers.. undoubtedly he has made millions of £ from the game but christ what a dire career he has had by and large since leaving us.

All to avoid picking up a Bristol accent ?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, bris red said:

So since 2014 he has been at Wigan, MK dons, Aberdeen, Bury, Mansfield, Newport County and now the might Tranmere Rovers.. undoubtedly he has made millions of £ from the game but christ what a dire career he has had by and large since leaving us.

That holiday injury and our shitty physios really ballsed him, didn't it?

Edited by sephjnr

On 31/08/2021 at 20:50, bris red said:

I have a lot of time for Nicky Maynard.  Many players in his position might have called it a day but he has kept going in the lower divisions.  I think that’s fantastic and it’s a shame more players don’t do it.  Far from him having had a dire career, I have huge respect to him for not chucking the towel in. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

He's from Winsford, which was expanded in the 70s to accommodate families being moved out of Liverpool. Therefore it's very possible that he has some Scouse heritage anyway.

Plus people from Birkenhead (Tranmere) get upset at being lumped in with Scousers.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep not sure I can remember a striker who could hit it so clean and hard.   That 2009/10 season he really was on a level where he should have gone to higher things, the injury the following season unforuantely he was never the same.

Always loved his goal v Newcastle at home when I think Millen was in charge? 

He cut in from the left hand side? Then Keith Curled it in. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Hmmm 1

What a player he looked at one point- my Tranmere mate will probably be fairly happy at this signing though he's definitely past his best.

Could either have had if both fit at the same time...

Brooker and Maynard partnership- when strike pairs were more commonplace, think that could have worked very well if both fit and consistently in the side.

Or

Maynard in a fluid front 3, wider but able to drift in- or central able to drift out- could have had Sproule-Maynard-McIndoe? Or varied other combinations, Maynard-Trundle-Sproule OR McIndoe depending...with Noble and 2 CM either side, again perm from a few. Maynard in a freer wide forward role, Trundle wide forward and Brooker central?

Imagine Maynard in our 2007/08 side, would we have got those extra few goals and perhaps top 2?

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 19:41, PHILINFRANCE said:

Does anybody on here know the true story about his injury.

I am sure I heard (probably on here) that it occurred whilst he was on a dry ski slope, but I have no idea whether or not that was true.

I heard the same info, and it never got confirmed 100% or denied.

Just signed Nicky Maynard, who are now promoted to the Northern Premier League (tier 7).

Looking at their squad, they also have Neil Danns playing for them, who scored 20 odd goals from midfield last season! Very classy player, enjoyed him in his brief stint here.

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just signed Nicky Maynard, who are now promoted to the Northern Premier League (tier 7).

Looking at their squad, they also have Neil Danns playing for them, who scored 20 odd goals from midfield last season! Very classy player, enjoyed him in his brief stint here.

Yes rated Neil Danns - from what I can remember we wanted to sign him permanently but he wanted to remain I'm the North West.