IGNORED

The biggest mismatch ever

Silvio Dante

Watching SSN on deadline day and Big Sam is the guest. Talking about Ronaldo and how he was when signed in his first Man Utd spell.

Sam: “I felt sorry because we had a young full back, Nicky Hunt. Ronaldo turned him every which way and you couldn’t do anything to help Nicky”

Has anyone seen a bigger mismatch involving a city or ex city player?

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Watching SSN on deadline day and Big Sam is the guest. Talking about Ronaldo and how he was when signed in his first Man Utd spell.

Sam: “I felt sorry because we had a young full back, Nicky Hunt. Ronaldo turned him every which way and you couldn’t do anything to help Nicky”

I remember Lee Johnson bottling a tackle at the gate with Kalifa Cisse when cisse  was at reading. It was pretty embarrassing. Physical mismatch and a half that was.

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I remember Lee Johnson bottling a tackle at the gate with Kalifa Cisse when cisse  was at reading. It was pretty embarrassing. Physical mismatch and a half that was.

Never saw L J make a tackle. Along with McIndoe and Sproule we had 3/4 of a decent hurdles relay team.

9 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

That was his trademark…….I can’t remember him tackling any opposition midfielders.

8 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Why do they insist on having Paul Merson on these shows? He can barely string a sentence together 

Total embarrassment.

When they went through their phase of making their panels more diverse **** knows how he survived.

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Never saw L J make a tackle. Along with McIndoe and Sproule we had 3/4 of a decent hurdles relay team.

Good job marvellous Marvin Elliot was off the scale that season!!! What a player. Absolute monster in the tackle.

7 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Bit harsh in mcindoe, he was never one that was going to fly in with diving tackles but I thoug the t he used to get stuck in and  battle. The other 2 I will give you for sure  

On 31/08/2021 at 22:55, Silvio Dante said:

Sub-question - What is City's most mis-matched opponent? I was at the game where we beat St Albans 9-2 in 96/97. I recall us being underwhelming against Harrogate Railway?

After watching England v Hungary I don't think it would be too unkind to say that as far as international matches go that's up there with the the most one sided game I have ever seen, if it had been a boxing match so many towels would have been thrown in the fighters would have been buried.

On 31/08/2021 at 23:06, redysteadygo said:

Lee would run under the hurdles.

To be fair to the man, in his last season or two here as a player before going northwards, he did start to get a bit more robust in build and he did actually make the odd tackle. Not often, mind.

Archived