IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Unan

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Tomlin has a history of poor mental health. You should probably be mindful of that before dumping on him.

I didn't know about that so thanks for saying.

He seems to have genuine mental health issues and also a genuinely terrible attitude. 

How those two things are intertwined is anyone's guess.

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

I didn't know about that so thanks for saying.

He seems to have genuine mental health issues and also a genuinely terrible attitude. 

How those two things are intertwined is anyone's guess.

Well if he struggles with his mental health he probably has a tendency to lash out at other people and make poor decisions as a coping strategy, I know for sure when I’ve been in a difficult place mentally I’ve been a **** to people at times so they are probably more interlinked than you realise.

50 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Well if he struggles with his mental health he probably has a tendency to lash out at other people and make poor decisions as a coping strategy, I know for sure when I’ve been in a difficult place mentally I’ve been a **** to people at times so they are probably more interlinked than you realise.

It's a tricky one because poor mental health might help explain unacceptable behaviour, but it doesn't necessarily excuse it. 

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

Not sure if it's the same in football but when I'm sick I tell my manager.

Yeah? Well I tell ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE.

Until I think I have had sufficient sympathy, well wishes and cups of tea/coffee made for me, I won't shut up about it.

I had a touch of man-flu a couple of years back, it was so bad it kept me out of the pub one Sunday.

Boy. Did I moan about both feeling a bit meh, and the fact it had an impact on my weekend. I felt properly cheated. The Doris was left in no doubt as to just how serious this was.

37 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I think you are confusing "hate" with "ripping the piss". ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/extraordinary-lee-tomlin-interview-cardiff-16542066.amp

Hope you enjoy “ripping the piss”. I’m sure it’s good for Tomlins mental health

45 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/extraordinary-lee-tomlin-interview-cardiff-16542066.amp

Sad read, it’s painfully obvious the guy has problems, hopefully with the right help he can overcome his terrible demons, please give the guy a break

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Reading that it sounds a bit of a similar situation to Tyson Fury a few years back.

Both similar characters in some ways, very naturally talented, a tendency to lose focus/discipline and get into trouble.

I think the reason people are quite hard on Tomlin is because he doesn't come across as a very good person. They wouldn't necessarily know, or even care, about the full context. 

Tomlin is (was) a quality footballer. The type myopic moaners love to hate whilst whispering: " I wish he played for us "

Hated him against us, hated the way WeeLee stifled his talents & 'naughty benched'© him when with us.

Carried fewer kilos than the vast majority who bemoaned his size. Fact is, he was good enough to perform whilst carrying more timber than perhaps a professional footballer should. Those who bemoaned the likes of Molby &  Robertson as 'fat', 'round' & 'worth'.... well far more than City might ever have afforded.

5 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I am on antidepressants and tried to top myself after a particularly painful divorce, but I don't fall back on the vogueish "mental health" excuse. 

I was fully aware and did not to act like an obnoxious tossbag.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I am on antidepressants and tried to top myself after a particularly painful divorce, but I don't fall back on the vogueish "mental health" excuse. 

I was fully aware and did not to act like an obnoxious tossbag.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Oh yes, and I don't "hate" the dim bugger...jeez, that's another overused word on this bloody forum. You sanctimonious bellends.

“Obnoxious tossbag” - the guy tried to commit suicide. Show some empathy particularly as you have been in the same place. Not everyone travels the same journey. 

As for being called a sanctimonious bellend - cheers. Actually just trying to highlight how mental health can devastate lives. Doesn’t matter whether you are a footy player or a bloke that works in Tesco’s. Your belittling of him, considering you have faced the same issue, is staggering. Have a long hard look in the mirror

13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

“Obnoxious tossbag” - the guy tried to commit suicide. Show some empathy particularly as you have been in the same place. Not everyone travels the same journey. 

As for being called a sanctimonious bellend - cheers. Actually just trying to highlight how mental health can devastate lives. Doesn’t matter whether you are a footy player or a bloke that works in Tesco’s. Your belittling of him, considering you have faced the same issue, is staggering. Have a long hard look in the mirror

Your self righteousness overwhelms me.

Some of the utter cock cheese bellwhiffs on this forum.

I'm out.

On 01/09/2021 at 13:19, harrys said:

Sad read, it’s painfully obvious the guy has problems, hopefully with the right help he can overcome his terrible demons, please give the guy a break

If he big enough to give it out, he can be big enough to take it. If you can't take it don't give it out. 

Archived