IGNORED

Reading FC Transfer Embargo

davidoldfart

Little update.

Bits on Twitter say Reading signing Carroll on a free. Hopefully that means good news is coming imminently about the minus 9 with 3 more suspended or at worst minus 6 with 3 more suspended. With a business plan.

Hope it is the first for a range of reasons. They're on a reported wage cap of £8.5k per week for new players Carroll must be hard up!? 

Dann

Rahman

Drinkwater

Halilovic

Carroll- If rumours are true.

All on loan or frees, on reported wages paid by the club not exceeding £8.5k per player!? What bargains...fancy the market collapsing that much.

I also thought that between windows you couldn't add anyone under Embargo unless you had under 16 players, or 14 outfield in this instance.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Little update.

Bits on Twitter say Reading signing Carroll on a free. Hopefully that means good news is coming imminently about the minus 9 with 3 more suspended or at worst minus 6 with 3 more suspended. With a business plan.

Hope it is the first for a range of reasons. They're on a reported wage cap of £8.5k per week for new players Carroll must be hard up!? 

Dann

Rahman

Drinkwater

Halilovic

All on loan or frees, on reported wages paid by the club not exceeding £8.5k per player!? What bargains...fancy the market collapsing that much.

I also thought that between windows you couldn't add anyone under Embargo unless you had under 16 players, or 14 outfield in this instance.

They will be paying these players in "other" ways for sure I would think.

Allegedly of course.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Little update.

Dann

Rahman

Drinkwater

Halilovic

a fit Andy Carroll is easily worth £8.5k a week. With his record though......I'd only pay him with what in effect would be a nil hours contract (not that I'm in favour of 'em) - if he's training he gets paid. If he's having another lie down through injury, its a waste of money

5 hours ago, VT05763 said:

They will be paying these players in "other" ways for sure I would think.

Allegedly of course.

Even with that theoretical bit though, there is a cap on new additions of 6...Carroll would be 7. Plus the bit about no new players although the types of embargo differ, no new players between windows if the squad size exceeds 16 and of that the outfield players exceed 14- unsure which embargo that refers to though.

5 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

a fit Andy Carroll is easily worth £8.5k a week. With his record though......I'd only pay him with what in effect would be a nil hours contract (not that I'm in favour of 'em) - if he's training he gets paid. If he's having another lie down through injury, its a waste of money

Absolutely if fit- certainly above £8.5k per week. Out of Reading's current embargo conditions price range too!

Remember too that the EFL have to approve every deal in this context, so if they aren't happy they could pushback- or could have done so in general.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

From the outset, I confess to having very limited understanding of FFP nor, moreover, any knowledge whatsoever about City's true financial position iro same.

What intrigues me, however, is that, if I understand things correctly, even if City were interested in signing the injury-prone Andy Carroll, they would be unable to do so for FFP reasons.

Reading, however, currently under a transfer embargo so, presumably, in a worse financial state than City, can apparently sign him without a care in the world, to add to their earlier Premier League signings.  

What important point am I missing?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From the outset, I confess to having very limited understanding of FFP nor, moreover, any knowledge whatsoever about City's true financial position iro same.

What intrigues me, however, is that, if I understand things correctly, even if City were interested in signing the injury-prone Andy Carroll, they would be unable to do so for FFP reasons.

Reading, however, currently under a transfer embargo so, presumably, in a worse financial state than City, can apparently sign him without a care in the world, to add to their earlier Premier League signings.  

What important point am I missing?

We could theoretically. However this a a very sound point, almost like penalised for doing the right thing.

Reading are supposed to be on a wage cap of £8.5k per week per player but something isn't right here...not just Carroll but 3-4 others.

Now the talk is of a 9 point deduction with 3 more suspended, but surely if you are the EFL you put a tighter cap on signings until such time as the deduction and business plan signed off.

However this wouldn't be the end of the story for Reading ad they would still be under a business plan and have financial targets for next and maybe this season also.

17 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Now that Derby have been dealt with, hopefully EFL will turn their attention to punishing Reading.

The aforementioned 9+3 points deduction would take them 6 points below us.

That will keep them below us until at least December.

Edit: scratch that, 9+3 is 12 and they’re 3 points ahead of us so they’d be 9 points below us? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

55 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

6 + 6 is a bit of a strange one. Doesn't seem in line with the likely breach.

We'll have to see the full detail when released if indeed this is the number, but wonder if part or all of the suspended 6 is contingent on the January window, ie sales/departures to avoid.

Yes, will be very interesting to see conditions imposed.