IGNORED

TV and Broadband Package

Markman

Moving from a non fibre Area to fibre soon. Currently have BT Sport and Broadband through BT - but have to have Sky (all Channels used Sport/Movies/Kids/HD/Multi room) through Sky (don't bother with Netflix)

On moving BT say they can do the lot and cheaper - but it seems to be using a box (or two that you can record on) and the NOW App  - what on earth is that :laugh:

Basically question is does anyone have all the above through BT and is it any good and easy to use? They quote me £100 a month inc phone rental and about 70gb broadband more than fast enough for me

Yep. Just switched. You get a decent 4k hdr box if you ask for it, called a bt probox. The remote is excellent.

If you need 2 boxes, make sure you haggle otherwise they'll send you the ordinary recording box that doesn’t do 4kHDR. However if you ask, they'll send you last year's 4k but no hdr box.

The terrestrial channels come via your TV aerial into the box. Now TV comes via the Internet but for an extra £5 you can have it in 4k/1080p. Jolly good quality it is too.

Now TV as an add on is basically all the Sky own brand channels plus a few others. You can also add BT Sports and Sky Sports via a day or monthly pass as well and in 1080P/4K (if 4k is available).

For 2 boxes, HD and Now TV=£22 pm.

We didn't have a TV aerial so there is a flat £30 one off payment. However, BT made such a horlicks on the admin, they waived the fee without any raised voices! 

If you have 2 boxes, you'll need a minimum of 30mps per box if getting the hd versions. Then there will be the other family members wanting the use of the broadband.

Sounds to me like you're in a great position to haggle for better fibre broadband and the channels.

If you have BT mobiles as well and spend more than £20 pm (I pay for student son and Mrs Norn Iron as well) not only does it work out at around 8 quid each per month but we then get BT sports for free on our mobiles. For 8 quid we each get unltd texts, calls and 14gig of data but because we have halo1 as well (helps Internet in every room) they double the gig to 28 pm for all 3 phones. Naturally halo 1 is more but.....Haggle!

If you're in an area that has Virgin you would struggle to beat their Ultimate Oomph package.

All TV Channels including box sets etc. Full Sky Sports. Full BT Sport. Sky Movies.

500Mb+ Broadband.

An unlimited data/calls/texts mobile SIM.

Landline phone with 24/7 free calls.

2 x V360 TV boxes

All for £85 a month.

Archived