IGNORED

Denmark v Scotland

Robbored

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Felt sorry for the Irish - they looked fairly comfortable until superstar worked his magic with two excellent headers.

It was tough on them especially as the winner came in added time. They looked devastated.

They wouldn't feel sorry for us if England lost I can tell you, now Northern Ireland, that's different.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

They wouldn't feel sorry for us if England lost I can tell you, now Northern Ireland, that's different.

Half of NI, like the rest of the world, couldn’t care less if England win or not, ROI on the other hand........ everyone loves the Irish with exception to the bigots in the North

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Half of NI, like the rest of the world, couldn’t care less if England win or not, ROI on the other hand........ everyone loves the Irish with exception to the bigots in the North

I think you have that wrong, N Ireland is part of the UK and a majority though not all of the people there feel an affinity with us whereas southern Ireland feel no affinity for us as they are part of the EU and an independent country, hence my comment that nobody south of the border would feel sorry for English supporters if we lost, and of course there are no bigots in S Ireland are there. 

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Definitely no bigots in Republic of Ireland, then you obviously missed lots of anti-English sentiment from them across their media and social media throughout the Summer, any English person who loves the Irish does not understand how much they blindly hate us, and if it was English media showing that amount of contempt for a Nation then it would be called out for blatant Xenophobia

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Definitely no bigots in Republic of Ireland, then you obviously missed lots of anti-English sentiment from them across their media and social media throughout the Summer, any English person who loves the Irish does not understand how much they blindly hate us, and if it was English media showing that amount of contempt for a Nation then it would be called out for blatant Xenophobia

I think you mean the Scots…………:cool2:

If I had a choice I’d watch and ROI over the Scotland or Wales - that’s exactly what I did last night.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Presumably apart from when they try to get English born players to play for them?

Though admittedly far less the case now than in the last 30 years..

Because they can't find much talent in Ireland, if you listened to any Irish pundits in the Summer you'd realise they really do not like England, it is something that Irish are brought up to do support Ireland and anyone playing England, much like Wales and Scotland. 

It makes me laugh that when an English person says they don't support Scotland and Wales (Simon Jordan before the Euros) it gets them on the defensive. I'm not obligated to support any of them considering how much dislike they have for millions of English people they've never met.

3 hours ago, pillred said:

I think you have that wrong, N Ireland is part of the UK and a majority though not all of the people there feel an affinity with us whereas southern Ireland feel no affinity for us as they are part of the EU and an independent country, hence my comment that nobody south of the border would feel sorry for English supporters if we lost, and of course there are no bigots in S Ireland are there. 

The Irish couldn’t care less if we are in the EU or not, it runs far deeper than that.

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

What nonsense, they do not blindly hate us, i’ve lived there and have family there, i’ve also travelled all over the country for the last 35 years and not once encountered any sort of trouble despite my strong Bristolian/ English accent, unfortunately I can’t say the same for the English over here, I was actually with a female member of the family who was called an Irish bitch and to **** off home while in a restaurant in Park Street a few years ago, there is barely an Irish family over there that doesn’t have relatives living in England and to say they blindly hate us is rubbish, too much paranoia on this forum sometimes

1 minute ago, harrys said:

What nonsense, they do not blindly hate us, i’ve lived there and have family there, i’ve also travelled all over the country for the last 35 years and not once encountered any sort of trouble despite my strong Bristolian/ English accent, unfortunately I can’t say the same for the English over here, I was actually with a female member of the family who was called an Irish bitch and to **** off home while in a restaurant in Park Street a few years ago, there is barely an Irish family over there that doesn’t have relatives living in England and to say they blindly hate us is rubbish, too much paranoia on this forum sometimes

They certainly do not like seeing England National Football Team being successful that's for sure, they are obsessed with us. Their pundits were desperate for England to lose, there is no wonder why people like me do not want them to do well.

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

What a ludicrous post.  If anyone is 'blindly' hating it's you.  Unless of course you have met all citizens of the Republic of Ireland and assessed their feelings towards England, the UK, the English, British.  

Social Media gives you what  you will like in terms of news etc.   The evidence you see is actually a reflection of you, not reality.  Reinforcing your hatred of others by feeding you 'stories' that reinforce your negative feelings and opinions of them.  

48 minutes ago, The Bard said:

What a ludicrous post.  If anyone is 'blindly' hating it's you.  Unless of course you have met all citizens of the Republic of Ireland and assessed their feelings towards England, the UK, the English, British.  

Social Media gives you what  you will like in terms of news etc.   The evidence you see is actually a reflection of you, not reality.  Reinforcing your hatred of others by feeding you 'stories' that reinforce your negative feelings and opinions of them.  

I don't hate Republic of Ireland, I just don't want them to do well at Football. 

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Well thats your experience. I worked in Dublin going back just over 5 years ago and the banter we received for being English on site was embarrassing..  I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about any of them, all of them are insignificant to me and I would much rather we compared ourselves to countries that are economically and sportingly on the same level as us.

For me the home nations and the ROI just have a case of small mans syndrome, it’s understandable really as England is far superior in the vast majority of aspects as opposed to them so it’s natural for them to feel animosity - sad but true.

12 hours ago, harrys said:

Dont think their very welcome in Gibraltar or Canada dont think theres that much love for them in either . 

Archived