IGNORED

Denmark v Scotland

Robbored

3 hours ago, bris red said:

Well thats your experience. I worked in Dublin going back just over 5 years ago and the banter we received for being English on site was embarrassing..  I personally couldn’t give a flying **** about any of them, all of them are insignificant to me and I would much rather we compared ourselves to countries that are economically and sportingly on the same level as us.

For me the home nations and the ROI just have a case of small mans syndrome, it’s understandable really as England is far superior in the vast majority of aspects as opposed to them so it’s natural for them to feel animosity - sad but true.

Reading your posts I think you’re the one with the problems, such anguish and bitterness for some reason

On 02/09/2021 at 14:12, harrys said:

What nonsense, they do not blindly hate us, i’ve lived there and have family there, i’ve also travelled all over the country for the last 35 years and not once encountered any sort of trouble despite my strong Bristolian/ English accent, unfortunately I can’t say the same for the English over here, I was actually with a female member of the family who was called an Irish bitch and to **** off home while in a restaurant in Park Street a few years ago, there is barely an Irish family over there that doesn’t have relatives living in England and to say they blindly hate us is rubbish, too much paranoia on this forum sometimes

ive been in pubs in london when they used to come round collecting money for the cause ,seen enough irish people putting money in the bag .

15 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

ive been in pubs in london when they used to come round collecting money for the cause ,seen enough irish people putting money in the bag .

Also seen this pre the troubles in the  60s at a pub in Tooting and an Irish colleague telling us to stand when the band played "the anthem" at the end of the night. 

A very impressive performance away in Vienna tonight. I watched most of the game and was surprised how well they defended against an onslaught of Austrian attacks. They were immense and produced the kind of performance usually reserved for England.

Israel next who got stuffed 5-0 by the Danes.

Well done the Jocks

A good win for them last night, but I have my doubts whether they'll qualify. The system to qualify for 2nd placed sides looks hard as only 3 of the 10 teams will go through and I'm not sure Scotland are among the strongest of the lot at the moment.

It really is a shambles of a system btw, they should do 2 legged play offs like they always did, but Uefa have to find a way to ruin the simplicity of doing that. Also I think 13 European teams qualifying isn't enough when the quality in Europe is far superior to that of Asia, Africa, Oceania and North America.

Archived