IGNORED

From Wild Dogs to Crocodiles

Davefevs

I never took much notice of NP outside of his Leicester achievements. 

When he signed for us, I took more interest.

Reading between the lines...to me...it's become apparent that NP is very different to the Professional football coach outside of his career.

Very much an out doors, nature, wildlife, adventure type of bloke.

I can't see him stressing over football 24/7.

Knows what works, but has a life away from football.

Tbh ..I don't think football is his biggest interest.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Reading between the lines...to me...it's become apparent that NP is very different to the Professional football coach outside of his career.

That's a good thing because he takes himself away from the stress and keeps himself in good health it works for him that can only benefit us,I think he's got the right balance instead of being sat in the office 24/7 and over focusing on stuff that really doesn't need to be stressed about.

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

That's a good thing because he takes himself away from the stress and keeps himself in good health it works for him that can only benefit us,I think he's got the right balance instead of being sat in the office 24/7 and over focusing on stuff that really doesn't need to stressed about.

He seems a pretty straight forward guy you wouldn't want to upset as the journalist found out when he was manager of Leicester 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Nige is an accomplished ball room dancer plus has a great interest in the countryside - I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a camper van. He’s very much an outdoorsman.

1 hour ago, Street red said:

That's a good thing because he takes himself away from the stress and keeps himself in good health it works for him that can only benefit us,I think he's got the right balance instead of being sat in the office 24/7 and over focusing on stuff that really doesn't need to be stressed about.

I agree...finding a work balance imo, works better in the long term. Living for football can become too emotional and lead to more mistakes, as it does in most walks of life.

I've found people who are completely absorbed in football, less rational than normal. It's like it becomes a crutch for areas in their life they can't deal with. Seen it many times. Yet when they find a solution, all becomes well, and normality strikes home.

Same in all walks of life...life balance is healthy.

That’s my three lads cycling from John o Groats to Lands End for mental health charity CALM and for their cousins charity Friends of Huck supporting sports injuries and cancer in sports people. Nigel was amazing and spoke with all us, also congratulating them on day 8/10. 

He was a real gent and very appreciated 

On 01/09/2021 at 22:01, Davefevs said:

Big Nige channeling his inner Steve Irwin here?

image.png.06f7dff2a16d6e503b3ef2db6ba070c1.png

This was a group of lads, one of which is a fellow season ticket holder, doing a cycle ride from John o groats to lands end for mental health charity. I’m told Nige was a top lad and stuck about to wish them all well as they stopped off at the Gate. Fair play to him and good luck lads for rest of cycle.

Seems to me he is a really intense, focused sort of guy at work. 

In my opinion, nature and the countryside are the best of all therapies when you work in pressurised environments.  Certainly saved me from losing it! 

Big Nige appears not to be only be a proper football manager, but also pretty decent at managing himself.

Hoping to meet him up on The Moors and/or The Rugglestone soon! 

13 minutes ago, RedRock said:

In my opinion, nature and the countryside are the best of all therapies when you work in pressurised environments.  Certainly saved me from losing it! 

Big Nige appears not to be only be a proper football manager, but also pretty decent at managing himself.

Or maybe Fraggle Rock ?

12 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree...finding a work balance imo, works better in the long term. Living for football can become too emotional and lead to more mistakes, as it does in most walks of life.

I've found people who are completely absorbed in football, less rational than normal. It's like it becomes a crutch for areas in their life they can't deal with. Seen it many times. Yet when they find a solution, all becomes well, and normality strikes home.

Same in all walks of life...life balance is healthy.

Also think city is a perfect match for him in that respect with the location and surrounding areas almost to good to be true.

19 hours ago, RedRock said:

Couldn't agree more. I play computer games and that takes your mind off things but a good hike gets your mind, body and soul away from it all.

Did a nice one over the bank holiday in the Brecon Beacons. Getting to a summit and taking it all in is therapy i tell ya!

Be nice to bump into Nige one day whilst out and about in the sticks.

Archived