IGNORED

Hungary v England WCQ

Gazred

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s a big deal but I’m asking why it’s necessary for broadcasters to highlight it. To me that just raises its ugly profile.

Officials from FIFA would have been there to witness it - surely that’s all we needed to know

That will be the same FIFA that takes such a feeble line on racism? How trusting of you, Mr Infantino would be delighted.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s a big deal but I’m asking why it’s necessary for broadcasters to highlight it. To me that just raises its ugly profile.

Officials from FIFA would have been there to witness it - surely that’s all we needed to know

To be fair, it wasn't difficult to miss. In any case, ignoring it/sweeping it under the carpet would disrespect those who suffered from it

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Who says it’s ok? Racism in English grounds is not even comparable to what the players are subjected too in Europe, what’s your soloution then as uefa don’t seem to have one? 

All i said was

We need to sort our house out before we get on our moral high horse and judge others

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

All i said was

We need to sort our house out before we get on our moral high horse and judge others

Similar to what Soutgate said recently and I agree. Doesn't mean those of us who are not racist can't call it out wherever it happens though.

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep….but why oh why do the broadcasters highlight the racist chanting and make such a big deal? 

Surely it would better to adopt the same procedure of ignoring it as they do with streakers on live television? FIFA officials are at the game and would have seen and heard it and the Hungarian FA will undoubtedly get further sanctions against them.

No need for ITV or any other broadcasters to acknowledge it - leave it tI FIFA I reckon,

Christ alive!  Are you for real with this??  Ignore racism??

59 minutes ago, harrys said:

Another masterclass from Grealish, and to think that Southgate thought that playing Trippier in the final instead of him was the way to go

Annoying that Southgate hardly played Grealish in the finals even though he was obviously our main threat, but now he starts and again sets up 2 goals and is brilliant. Euros have gone but Southgate missed a really good chance to win it. Lets hope he learned from it.

55 minutes ago, harrys said:

I doubt it, he learnt nothing from the Croatia semi final previously 

42 minutes ago, harrys said:

He learnt how to lose again, he couldn’t have hand picked easier routes to the finals but still blew it despite the wealth of talent and creativity in the squad.

Usually talk sense but you're chatting shite this evening fella. We were a much better side this summer than in 2018, and as for "easy" draws...we've had plenty of those since '66 and still come unstuck. 

Playing a team that hasn't lost in three years in the final easy? Yeah, OK... 

46 minutes ago, harrys said:

He learnt how to lose again, he couldn’t have hand picked easier routes to the finals but still blew it despite the wealth of talent and creativity in the squad.

Beat Czech Republic who beat Netherlands. Beat Croatia who were World cup finalists. Beat Germany. Beat Ukraine comprehensively 4-0. Beat Denmark who are a more than decent side. Drew with 3 years unbeaten Italy and lost on Penalties.

Didn't blow it and from what I saw tonight ever improving. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yet another who misses my point…………..:facepalm:

Your standard response when you have shot yourself in the foot...

Your point, in so far as you have one, seems to be that streaking and racism are equivalent and since broadcasters ignore the former they should ignore the latter.

Not an argument that has much logical or moral force so probably not worth doubling down on.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Usually talk sense but you're chatting shite this evening fella. We were a much better side this summer than in 2018, and as for "easy" draws...we've had plenty of those since '66 and still come unstuck. 

Playing a team that hasn't lost in three years in the final easy? Yeah, OK... 

…and then only losing on penalties. 

Archived