IGNORED

Hungary v England WCQ

Gazred

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

To be fair, it wasn’t difficult to miss. In any case, ignoring it/sweeping it under the carpet would disrespect those who suffered from it

So if it wasn’t difficult to miss it, it must have been easy to miss it then? So you don’t think the FIFA officials would have witnessed it as it “wasn’t difficult to miss” ?!

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Usually talk sense but you're chatting shite this evening fella. We were a much better side this summer than in 2018, and as for "easy" draws...we've had plenty of those since '66 and still come unstuck. 

Playing a team that hasn't lost in three years in the final easy? Yeah, OK... 

If you read my post it says easy route TO the final, Italy was never going to be easy, as you say they were unbeaten for so long and in fairness they were the best team at the tournament with very difficult knockout games, it’s just frustration on my part as I see Grealish as the best talent we have had for many years who could unlock a game with one moment of magic and he’s a cheat so plenty of free-kick opportunities ? 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

If you read my post it says easy route TO the final, Italy was never going to be easy, as you say they were unbeaten for so long and in fairness they were the best team at the tournament with very difficult knockout games, it’s just frustration on my part as I see Grealish as the best talent we have had for many years who could unlock a game with one moment of magic and he’s a cheat so plenty of free-kick opportunities ? 

I think i share similar frustrations, in that Italy game my personal opinion is he didn’t do a enough to affect the game when they were well in control and wasn’t brave enough to bring Grealish on when he should have. As you say, he gets free kicks which alleviates pressure and buys you some time 

We we’re more than good enough to have won that game against a good Italian side 

I expect Sterling and England will get a bigger punishment for taking his shirt off than Scumgary will get for their vile behaviour. It really is time for more severe consequence not just football but society in general. 
As for the game England we’re excellent second half. And the Keeper was absolutely shit 

34 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I expect Sterling and England will get a bigger punishment for taking his shirt off than Scumgary will get for their vile behaviour. It really is time for more severe consequence not just football but society in general. 
As for the game England we’re excellent second half. And the Keeper was absolutely shit 

The governing bodies don't send out a strong enough message.

A warning needs to be given that any countries doing it will be removed from the competition. They talk a good game, but a fine or a behind doors game ultimately means **** all.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I’m confused. Some people say Germany aren’t what they used to be when we talk about beating them in the euros, now they’re better than us again?

When people refer to the ruthlessness of German's I tend to think of the 1990 era as that's when they were ruthless. Agree the current German team isn't a patch on them. 

I should have clarified.

10 hours ago, harrys said:

He learnt how to lose again, he couldn’t have hand picked easier routes to the finals but still blew it despite the wealth of talent and creativity in the squad.

Case in point. Germany are easy now… ok!

it’s a weak argument. He didn’t play overly exciting or expansive football but he did exactly what was required up til the final (and for most parts of the final he did too, he just didn’t adapt quickly enough to the Italian pressure)

Can only beat what’s in front of you and we were 2 shit penalties away from winning. “Easy” route but we’d only won one euro knockout game before this tournament and we beat the Germans, convincingly in a game most thought we’d lose. Someone on the radio last night said they’d have called up and complained about the same things even if we’d won - I get the criticisms but some people will just never be happy

Don’t forget 2022 was the target, anything before that is progress. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Troll?…….not again………:sleeping:

If I post anything controversial I get accused of being a troll……..jeez…………:facepalm:

Just for clarification:-

Troll = to intentionally do or say something annoying or offensive in order to upset someone, or to get attention or cause trouble.

Controversy = a disagreement, often a public one, that involves different ideas or opinions about something.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why do you suppose broadcasters ignore streakers?  

That’s a silly comparison 

Streakers are usually one person doing something for the attention/infamy. They want their picture plastered over the tv/papers, usually a “dare” or something similar and want to be noticed. Not giving them attention actively dissuades them from doing so, hence why it rarely ever happens now. It’s also public nudity as someone else pointed out..

Im sure the racists would love for no one to mention it and avoid highlighting the issue. It’s not one person craving attention it’s masses of people displaying pure hate.

I don’t think you were equating streakers to racists in the same moral bracket, but regardless it’s not comparable in the slightest 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Troll?…….not again………:sleeping:

If I post anything controversial I get accused of being a troll……..jeez…………:facepalm:

Not one for name calling myself; attack the post not the poster and all that.

But you could try engaging with the arguments against your view that streaking and racism are equivalent and that broadcasters should ignore racism, which you have not yet done.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why do you suppose broadcasters ignore streakers?  

Because streakers want attention and broadcasters are trying to dissuade people from doing it by denying them what they want. 

Is your argument honestly that racists just want attention and so don't give it to them?

The history of civil rights and anti-racist movements has been based around calling out and condeming racism and making sure the world knows how it makes the subjects of racist behaviour feel. That approach works. It's a good thing that broadcasters don't just let it pass by. They are doing their bit to make the world a better place by not ignoring it.

32 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

many see "taking the Knee" as a Political statement, stop doing that and much of the problem goes away

What a ridiculous thing to say. People offended by taking the knee either don't understand it, or are likely racist themselves either openly or passively. Stopping it may prevent the booing, but it wont do anything to stop racsim, the very thing take the knee is symbolising.

After last night i would say there is even more of a need for take the knee to continue.

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Just for clarification:-

Controversy = a disagreement, often a public one, that involves different ideas or opinions about something.

I don’t consider posting something controversial as ‘trolling’. It’s just my opinion that some take umbrage at.

1 hour ago, Red Cloud said:

many see "taking the Knee" as a Political statement, stop doing that and much of the problem goes away

Complete nonsense. 

First, do you honestly believe that if the England team hadn’t taken the knee then the racist abuse wouldn’t have followed??

what was on display last night is precisely why the team is right to go on taking the knee. 

Personally, I think they should start leaving the pitch, refusing to play as well. 

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t consider posting something controversial as ‘trolling’. It’s just my opinion that some take umbrage at.

As a single opinion it isn’t. But added to your other opinions it is. It seems that on most subjects you have something controversial to say. My opinion, and I guess many others agree, is that you don’t actually believe a lot of what you post but do so to cause controversy. Aka trolling 

Archived