IGNORED

Hungary v England WCQ

Gazred

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Rice and Phillips are absolute animals, my favourite England players by some distance.

Going to throw it out there I think Declan Rice could be one of England's greatest players.

I would have a fully it Henderson in the team before ether of those

but that is whats great about football Different opinions 

Correct ones like mine

wrong ones like yours? 

18 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Rice and Phillips are absolute animals, my favourite England players by some distance.

Going to throw it out there I think Declan Rice could be one of England's greatest players.

Although i said i would have Henderson before ether of them

They have the shirts and have done nothing wrong to lose them

9 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Just a quick Google and came up with the following,

During the game, the passes for each team are totalled up and then each team's total is divided by the game total to produce a percentage figure which shows the percentage of the game that each team has accrued in possession of the ball.”

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think if you watch the game right to the end, Hungary had some possession as we were running the clock down and thinking about the next game, I think that's when they had their shot on target too.

I think a lot of fans had switched to chatting about the performance by that stage. :)

One other thing that presumably plays a part is if the ball goes out for a throw in/corner/goal kick/a freekick is awarded, the ball is in that teams "possession" even if it takes 5 minutes for play to be restarted.

12 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

They are a superb combination to be honest, they complement each other really well. Rice definitely has the makings of becoming an England great but as Roy Keane recently said he still has the attacking side of his game to work on. I’d like to see him find the forward pass a bit more but i think that will come in time.

For me Busquets in his prime was the absolute benchmark for that CDM position, if Rice can look to him and what he had/has to his game as i said i think he will become a great. I also feel he will need to leave West Ham at some point aswell. Rice would be class in Spain or Italy IMO.

I was surprised at the ease of the win- pleasantly so. Hungary have improved somewhat in recent years, quite good recent record- hell even looked useful in the Euros in some respects, so that and the lack of need for panic etc was positive. Dominated the ball first half, more clinical after HT in a tricky atmosphere. Have to be very happy with that, Hungary showed they can be tough opposition and especially on home soil in recent years yet we won with some ease.

Thought we were clinical certainly- 12 shots, 4 goals- last 2 were gifts to an extent, well not gifts exactly but ones you'd be disappointed to concede if you're a GK.

Alexander-Arnold at RB in the future IMO, still wonder about the 2 + Mount vs stronger opposition but then I've always had a leaning towards a genuine 3.

Archived