IGNORED

ABBA

Markman

well - I have always said my musical taste is quite eclectic so I was intrigued by the return of ABBA - although I started as Prog, Blues, Rock, Punk (and most other things bar Jazz) I always kind of doffed my cap to ABBA as they had something

from what I have heard the new songs are what they were - but not bad to listen to and probably what the ABBA fans want - any others with thoughts on the "return"

2 hours ago, Markman said:

well - I have always said my musical taste is quite eclectic so I was intrigued by the return of ABBA - although I started as Prog, Blues, Rock, Punk (and most other things bar Jazz) I always kind of doffed my cap to ABBA as they had something

from what I have heard the new songs are what they were - but not bad to listen to and probably what the ABBA fans want - any others with thoughts on the "return"

When I was younger so much younger than today, music was my first love and and I used to let the music play but never anything that sounded like ABBA or was, indeed, ABBA because I never considered them to be one of us.

Also, back then, I had a dream about ABBA and in that dream I could see that, to them, the music was just the name of the game and really they were only ever interested in the money, money, money......

However, and mercy mercy me, although ABBA did come close to slipping through my fingers, they did ultimately grow on me because they are such super troupers so I say to them, thank you for the music.......

(I'll stop there ?)

When ABBA were at their peak and dominating the charts and airways it was sooo uncool to actually like them. Anyone that owned an ABBA album was considered a philistine with no musical taste whatsoever…………….:disapointed2se: We guys all fancied the two women tho! 

That was back in the 70s and 80s and overtime my musical tastes have change and some of ABBA’s songs are classics. ‘Dancing Queen and ‘Fernando’ spring to mind.

It’ll be good to hear a new range of ABBA’s songs after 40 odd years,

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agnetha.

I still would...  :blush:

I believe you may be in luck. Agnetha, at one point, started an affair with her stalker.

80s popstress Tiffany,on a bizarre basis, also did similar but went as far as marrying hers and ended up living in Stoke on Trent.

So, the lesson is, if you fancy a pop star, you should hang round their property continually in a weird way and you may eventually get somewhere.

Note: This doesn’t work for footballers. See Brooker, S and B, Sarah 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe you may be in luck. Agnetha, at one point, started an affair with her stalker.

80s popstress Tiffany,on a bizarre basis, also did similar but went as far as marrying hers and ended up living in Stoke on Trent.

So, the lesson is, if you fancy a pop star, you should hang round their property continually in a weird way and you may eventually get somewhere.

Note: This doesn’t work for footballers. See Brooker, S and B, Sarah 

I'm not going all the way to Stockholm for a date!

Besides, this was only a theoretical "I would".  Mrs R keeps me happy. ?

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

When ABBA were at their peak and dominating the charts and airways it was sooo uncool to actually like them. Anyone that owned an ABBA album was considered a philistine with no musical taste whatsoever…………….:disapointed2se: We guys all fancied the two women tho! 

That was back in the 70s and 80s and overtime my musical tastes have change and some of ABBA’s songs are classics. ‘Dancing Queen and ‘Fernando’ spring to mind.

Loved a bit of ABBA back in the day, but as you say it wasn’t really the thing to admit it. I don’t really think back them we appreciated how the could churn out song after song and have maybe three or four or more in the charts at any given time.

Like many things I thought they would go on forever and the came to what seemed like a sudden end after being so dominant. I’m glad they have sort of reformed, even if it is by hologram, as it kind of needed to happen before one day it might not be possible for some reason. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Loved a bit of ABBA back in the day, but as you say it wasn’t really the thing to admit it. I don’t really think back them we appreciated how the could churn out song after song and have maybe three or four or more in the charts at any given time.

Like many things I thought they would go on forever and the came to what seemed like a sudden end after being so dominant. I’m glad they have sort of reformed, even if it is by hologram, as it kind of needed to happen before one day it might not be possible for some reason. 

Clearly ABBA aren’t ever going to reform “properly”, but if they did it would be a licence to print money (tbh what they’re doing probably is). 

From a UK fan base basis, as opposed to worldwide (where again, they’re huge), ABBA reforming would be bigger than anything else (and I say that not as a fan). 

There are only a few bands I can see in this country, that if they reformed, would have a ridiculous ticket demand - and to do so the bands have to be “fully formed” - so no the Clash as Strummers gone etc. The two I can think of that haven’t are the Smiths and The Jam. Demand for any reunions there, although not hitting ABBA heights, would be off the scale.

And Five, obviously.

There are only a few bands I can see in this country, that if they reformed, would have a ridiculous ticket demand - and to do so the bands have to be “fully formed” - so no the Clash as Strummers gone etc. The two I can think of that haven’t are the Smiths and The Jam. Demand for any reunions there, although not hitting ABBA heights, would be off the scale.

You've obviously forgotten Freddie and The Dreamers

12 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

You've obviously forgotten Freddie and The Dreamers

Fred's dead, baby. Fred's dead.

On 03/09/2021 at 13:26, Robbored said:

Philistine.

As for the 2 girls these days, one has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and the other a face like a well slapped arse.

Rather listen to One Defecation.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Philistine.

As for the 2 girls these days, one has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and the other a face like a well slapped arse.

Rather listen to One Defecation.

That’s why the new performance is done by hologram technology - the two women are wrinkled old maids these days.

Archived