IGNORED

New Question Of Sport

A Horse With No Name

So, the first episode has just finished, what did you think. Personally found it very slow going with not so many rounds of questions, and much more chat. Also early days, but no comedy connection between the two captains as before, although Paddy McGuiness tried his best . It may grow on me, but is one of those shows that just didnt need fixing, apart from the obvious issue.

10 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

So, the first episode has just finished, what did you think. Personally found it very slow going with not so many rounds of questions, and much more chat. Also early days, but no comedy connection between the two captains as before, although Paddy McGuiness tried his best . It may grow on me, but is one of those shows that just didnt need fixing, apart from the obvious issue.

I didn't see it but it's getting a pasting on Twitter…

I used to love it, when David Coleman presented it with Emlyn Hughes, Gareth Edwards, Willie Carson and Bill Beaumont. Those were the days.

What I’d like to know is who decided we need more Paddy McGuiness on our screens? He will, literally, do anything, and is inescapable.

As for QoS itself, and quiz shows generally, the big deal is that the TV audience need to be able to participate. That means questions that  you can guess at, and aren’t too hard, and you can get engaged in the journey of the contestants. I didn’t see QoS but Ugo Monye trampolining seems pretty far from that.

Not a promising start.  The beauty of Question of Sport has always been the rapport between the captains and the presenter, and Matt, Phil and Sue were a perfect combination.  I hope they get better but I’m afraid both Sam Quek and, particularly, Ugo Monye seemed almost devoid of rapport and personality while Paddy McGuiness just did his usual act, replicated on many different shows.  A real let-down.

Haven’t watched, but really thought the new host should have had a proper sporting connection, Colin Murray probably would have been high on my list or if you want a former player someone like Flintoff, don’t think Sam Quek would have been bad as host either, think she’ll end up being fine as a captain

14 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You have lost me there - what was the issue, as it was not obvious to me?

Much like many series, I preferred the earlier versions (with, as @exAtyeoMax says above, the likes of David Coleman, Emlyn Hughes, Bill Beaumont etc.), but I used to quite enjoy Sue Barker (with Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell). 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You have lost me there - what was the issue, as it was not obvious to me?

Much like many series, I preferred the earlier versions (with, as @exAtyeoMax says above, the likes of David Coleman, Emlyn Hughes, Bill Beaumont etc.), but I used to quite enjoy Sue Barker (with Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell). 

I am not spelling it out.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am glad I am not the only one.

If anybody is able to explain, please do so, by PM if necessary, should the subject be 'delicate'.

Thanks in advance.

If you do find out, let me know as I too haven't the foggiest

On 06/09/2021 at 16:15, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am glad I am not the only one.

If anybody is able to explain, please do so, by PM if necessary, should the subject be 'delicate'.

Thanks in advance.

On 06/09/2021 at 17:41, Paul G said:

If you do find out, let me know as I too haven't the foggiest

I've just assumed that it's the BBC "shaking things up" again.

Unless I've missed something, I've not seen or heard of any issues. Think it's just one of those things that had began to run dry. Perhaps they see Paddy as a saviour, seeing how he's part of the Top Gear trio that has made that interesting again.

Archived