IGNORED

Incredible sounding game at Maidenhead

Port Said Red

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Torquay United were 0-4 up at Half Time, after 66 minutes it's 3-4. Anyone know if their pitch is on a slope or something? :)

4-0 is a dangerous score!

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have looked it up and it does look like 8 different players might be a record in a competitive match. Leeds did it a friendly match once, but that's all I can find.

Liverpool had 9 different scorers in a European game they won 11-0 in the 70s. couldnt tell you who it was against mind.

28 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Wasn't there a famous game in the 60s - I think it was Charlton, who were 0-6 down at half time but stormed back in the second half to win 7-6.

That would bring a new definition to the word 'scenes'. Wish it had been televised.

If 6-0 is a dangerous score, then there’s no hope for us is there?

30 minutes ago, OneCity said:

That would bring a new definition to the word 'scenes'. Wish it had been televised.

It nearly did for MOTD. At the last moment someone decided "Arsenal v Liverpool will be a far more entertaining game". So that was broadcast; a 0-0 draw. When the Tv Crew got back to the studio and found they missed a 13 goal thriller, they were not amused o say the least.

19 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I remember during Gary Johnson's reign, I think, City scored 13 consecutive goals by 13 different players. Just thought that was an incredible stat.

Incredible, never knew that. That’s got to be a record, surely? Anyone know the games/players?

Archived