IGNORED

Different song for City to run out to…Perhaps

Lord Northski

We’ve always struggled to find the right song or tune to run out to, but reckon we could do a lot worse than Jump Around, especially given our liking for same. Hope the link works and turn it up loud. 

May have already been suggested with good reason, and thanks to the Exiled Robin for posting this on Twitter. 

29 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

We’ve always struggled to find the right song or tune to run out to, but reckon we could do a lot worse than Jump Around, especially given our liking for same. Hope the link works and turn it up loud. 

May have already been suggested with good reason, and thanks to the Exiled Robin for posting this on Twitter. 

Problem with that is that’s college football so most of the people in the crowd are students!
 If some of the pensioners in the dolman started doing that there would be popped hips everywhere! 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Here we go again! We're Bristol City so what's wrong with either the Red Red Robin (we are after all the Robins), West Country anthem Drink up thee zider, or better still our own One For the Bristol City. 

What's wrong with people who can't get excited enough about our own song. 

Always reserve Drink up thy Zider for full time when we’ve won.

It should be a local band. End of. Plenty to choose from, The Wurzels, Massive Attack, Idles, The Pop Group, Beak, Smith and Mighty etc. Bugs me that we don’t cherish our own more in this region (not just City) but then I guess that’s part of our charm as well.  

59 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Here we go again! We're Bristol City so what's wrong with either the Red Red Robin (we are after all the Robins), West Country anthem Drink up thee zider, or better still our own One For the Bristol City. 

What's wrong with people who can't get excited enough about our own song. 

I’ve always thought OFTBC sounds awful. Dated, people don’t really sing along, doesn’t build an atmosphere at all. I’d scrap it altogether.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’ve always thought OFTBC sounds awful. Dated, people don’t really sing along, doesn’t build an atmosphere at all. I’d scrap it altogether.

I love it! Made a point of singing it ?

I would say that the pre match/pre walk out music should build atmosphere instead of Downsy talking endlessly. It needs curating properly by someone who understands music and crowds

4 hours ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Problem with that is that’s college football so most of the people in the crowd are students!
 If some of the pensioners in the dolman started doing that there would be popped hips everywhere! 

Don’t forget college football Saturday is the epitome of partying hard for the students. It’s a raucous all day booze fest ?

It's all a bit Butlins 1960s.

Forced fun. You will embrace it, you will wear your colours. YOU ARE the entertainment...

Would much rather a few bangers from local bands we have a bit of pride in and the rest of the atmosphere being a collaborative on-pitch/fan-led activity.

Plus, that sort of carry on would never would when you factor in the Ashton Gate PA system.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Forced fun. You will embrace it, you will wear your colours. YOU ARE the entertainment...

Would much rather a few bangers from local bands we have a bit of pride in and the rest of the atmosphere being a collaborative on-pitch/fan-led activity.

Plus, that sort of carry on would never would when you factor in the Ashton Gate PA system.

It’s also very very American. Would never happen in this country where the atmosphere is more spontaneous. It does look cool though, there was an even better video of one of these games with Enter the Sandman on twitter yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

There has always been an element of that though, and (I don't know your age but guessing)  people of our generation may sneer at it, younger generations expect it and seem to enjoy it.

I am not sure where you would pitch bands/acts either, again different generations will go for the guitar bands, others for electronic music, rappers or even DJs. Each of those in turn is going to a negative reaction from a crowd that ranges from 9 to 90, so you can see why the club might shy away from a "talent showcase". You have only got to look at the stage behind the South Stand to see how hard it is for those acts to generate an audience.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There has always been an element of that though, and (I don't know your age but guessing)  people of our generation may sneer at it, younger generations expect it and seem to enjoy it.

I am not sure where you would pitch bands/acts either, again different generations will go for the guitar bands, others for electronic music, rappers or even DJs. Each of those in turn is going to a negative reaction from a crowd that ranges from 9 to 90, so you can see why the club might shy away from a "talent showcase". You have only got to look at the stage behind the South Stand to see how hard it is for those acts to generate an audience.

Maybe the club could produce a play-list or allow people to vote on the songs they'd like to hear pre-match? If that was a new list every game against which people could vote it would keep things fresh.

Doesn't all have to be things Diddy David or Tommy Vance might play when counting down the hit-parade, but it might help.

Not 'alf.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe the club could produce a play-list or allow people to vote on the songs they'd like to hear pre-match? If that was a new list every game against which people could vote it would keep things fresh.

Doesn't all have to be things Diddy David or Tommy Vance might play when counting down the hit-parade, but it might help.

Not 'alf.

I have made suggestions along these lines before, I can only presume that the club hasn't had enough negative feedback to consider changing things. 

I agree that 7 nation army sounds hackneyed and cliched, but are the club hearing that from the fans? 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Have to admire Everton ,they still run out to the Z cars theme not sure many under 60s have even seen the show but still popular with supporters.

There is a lot to be said for not following the latest trend and giving the club its own unique identity.

30 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Have to admire Everton ,they still run out to the Z cars theme not sure many under 60s have even seen the show but still popular with supporters.

There is a lot to be said for not following the latest trend and giving the club its own unique identity.

Unique? Don’t Watford use it too?

Archived