IGNORED

City's oldest player

Elruliri

Wikipedia say Billy wedlock was at the club until 1921 when he would have been 40 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Wedlock, but doesn't give any info on last appearance date.

The OS says that BW made less appearances than Wikipedia say: 391 v 403, which might suggest that Wilkpedia's info is a bit suspect.

Our defence wasnt that good, remember the first home game then the defeat at Southend a few days later? I reckon JAmes is a good shout for eldest

The first other ones that come to my mind are Legend Carey (646 games) but maybe he was 37, think Hunter and Basso about the same. The Brazilian was well into his forties when he stopped playing non league (Tamworth?) but was only mid 30s  when he left us

39 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It was Terry Cooper.

Still should be. 

35 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Its David James I believe, he was over 41 when he played his final game for us, if I recall correctly.

According to Wiki, TC & Billy Wedlock were 40. David James was 41.
TBH I would have said TC.

An old head on a young body is an old cliche. Sounds a bit like Frankenstein but it’s true. City has occasionally had players like this but, often, the old head has been attached to a body used to too much of a wild lifestyle 

16 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I am going for Con Sullivan, 92 and still going strong 

Wow, I saw him for City before he went to Arsenal.

Arsenal didn't pay much of a transfer fee but we had a friendly match which I assume boosted the coffers. March 30 in 1954, we beat Arsenal 3-1, I believe Con was in goal for the Gunners, crowd 28,991.

Archived