IGNORED

England v Andorra WCQ

Gazred

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

He's looked very good at such a young age. Could have a long career with England.

I think it’s reasonably likely he will be a starter for England by the time of the next World Cup. I am hoping we try a slightly more offensive minded system so the most likely player for him to replace is probably Phillips.

I’m also hoping that Foden comes in for Mount by then too. I can see that Mount is a good player, but for some reason he doesn’t excite me at all. 

The team from the other night - perhaps with Trent for Walker by then.. Bellingham for Phillips and Foden for Mount, think that would be a really exciting 11.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s reasonably likely he will be a starter for England by the time of the next World Cup. I am hoping we try a slightly more offensive minded system so the most likely player for him to replace is probably Phillips.

I’m also hoping that Foden comes in for Mount by then too. I can see that Mount is a good player, but for some reason he doesn’t excite me at all. 

The team from the other night - perhaps with Trent for Walker by then.. Bellingham for Phillips and Foden for Mount, think that would be a really exciting 11.

If Southgate is still manager and there is no reason to think he won’t be then Phillips isn’t going anywhere 

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree re TAA but I don’t think Southgate rates his defensive ability. Mount is basically Southgate’s love child and won’t be dropped. Also think dropping Philips is harsh as he has such an engine in him and breaks up play so well. Personally I’d replace Rice with Bellingham. Foden / Grealish / Sterling / Mount fighting for 2 positions. Such talent 

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree re TAA but I don’t think Southgate rates his defensive ability. Mount is basically Southgate’s love child and won’t be dropped. Also think dropping Philips is harsh as he has such an engine in him and breaks up play so well. Personally I’d replace Rice with Bellingham. Foden / Grealish / Sterling / Mount fighting for 2 positions. Such talent 

This is the big positive. Gone are the days where one player from the first team getting injured can derail our plans (or at least it lessened).

What I struggle with is the focus on scoring the perfect goal.

Mass defence, organised, regimented, so either speed or a bit of magic to open it up. Ok I get that.

But… when you get a free kick in their half lump it in to the mixer ffs. Even if you don’t win the first ball, you’ll get a decent chance of the second ball with them having broken ranks and being in some level of disorganisation. 

I do keep banging on about this, but, the decision to pick Trippier over Chilwell as the 2nd left back makes no sense for this kind of opponent.

We could do with some width at left back but everytime he gets it, he cuts back onto his right foot.  At least he's switched TTA and James around. 

Just given up on this "match", so boring and walking pace against a team with 10 behind the ball. 

Eleven changes and none of them have taken up the challenge to break into the first team and no changes to get some pace into the game - just careful keep ball, sideways, forward, and back. Awful "football".

And against a team representing a population of 80k - not even a full Wembley stadium.

I have no idea what the GS gameplan is or was to break down Andorra. Trippier at left back hasn't worked, a back 4 against a striker who won't see the ball hasn't worked. Being subbed off against Andorra has to be a low point of your international career.

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Looking forward to seeing Bellingham. My mate is a Blues fan, been raving about JB for a couple of years now. 

It is all “JB” on here!!! Joe Bryan, Josh Brownhill, Joey Barton - I cannot keep up!

Abbreviations in the English language are the equivalent of the gherkin in the burger! Modern ones like ‘OMG’ - ‘gr8’ - ‘lmfao’ - ‘smh’ - ‘fml’ - they are simply hideous! 

And why is abbreviation such a long word?! ? (...these things keep me awake at night...) 

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It is all “JB” on here!!! Joe Bryan, Josh Brownhill, Joey Barton - I cannot keep up!

Abbreviations in the English language are the equivalent of the gherkin in the burger! Modern ones like ‘OMG’ - ‘gr8’ - ‘lmfao’ - ‘smh’ - ‘fml’ - they are simply hideous! 

And why is abbreviation such a long word?! ? (...these things keep me awake at night...) 

I kinda thought that, since I had typed the word ‘Bellingham’ just a few words earlier, that the JB in question was fairly obvious. Apologies if you thought I was saying that on the recommendation if a Brummie mate, I was looking forward to seeing Joey Barton play for England this afternoon. 

Archived