IGNORED

England v Andorra WCQ

Gazred

Very average fare but 4-0 is job done. The days of running up huge scores against European minnows, are very few and far between theses days, in fact the minnows have shown some small improvement in these qualifiers. Some examples are Luxembourg and Azerbaijan getting draws against ROI, Denmark needing a late goal to squeeze by 10 man Faroes and Malta, once everyone's favourite whipping boys, beating Cyprus 3-0. 

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Instantly forgettable but job done.

Great result for Albania. I think a point against Poland should be enough.

Yep - easy peasy. I expect Southgate to put out his strongest team against the Poles.

I was flicking between the football and the cricket. Couldn’t decide which to watch.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yep - easy peasy. I expect Southgate to put out his strongest team against the Poles.

I was flicking between the football and the cricket. Couldn’t decide which to watch.

Don't blame ypu, not easy on the eye at all.

Yep, back to full strength for Poland, a win and we've qualified if not mathematically just yet.

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I kinda thought that, since I had typed the word ‘Bellingham’ just a few words earlier, that the JB in question was fairly obvious. Apologies if you thought I was saying that on the recommendation if a Brummie mate, I was looking forward to seeing Joey Barton play for England this afternoon. 

Oops, I apologise, you obviously didn’t ‘get’ my response - it wasn’t meant to be serious in any way at all - which I thought was fairly obvious ... oh well! Have a brill rest of your Sunday ...

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Not joking at all - I flicked channels as I love both sports and was delighted to see England reach the close with under 300 to chase - still a tall order tho on a deteriorating wicket. 

But you said you couldn’t decide what watch, England against India in one of the most enthralling tests  in recent years or the total non-entity of England V the mighty Andorra, if you like cricket like you say you do there was only one option

3 hours ago, Super said:

Job done no doubt people will moan.

Yeah, I don't get some of the crap spouted around our national team. Back to back 4 goal wins, the second with the reserves , yet some people still moan. 

We've got a decent side, whether we can go one better than a WC semi and a Euro final remains to be seen, but we've got a chance in God knows how long. 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

But you said you couldn’t decide what watch, England against India in one of the most enthralling tests  in recent years or the total non-entity of England V the mighty Andorra, if you like cricket like you say you do there was only one option

Strange thing to argue about. Let the man watch what he was talking to watch. 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It is all “JB” on here!!! Joe Bryan, Josh Brownhill, Joey Barton - I cannot keep up!

Abbreviations in the English language are the equivalent of the gherkin in the burger! Modern ones like ‘OMG’ - ‘gr8’ - ‘lmfao’ - ‘smh’ - ‘fml’ - they are simply hideous! 

And why is abbreviation such a long word?! ? (...these things keep me awake at night...) 

Whats fml and  smh mean

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not joking at all - I flicked channels as I love both sports and was delighted to see England reach the close with under 300 to chase - still a tall order tho on a deteriorating wicket. 

The wicket looked in pretty good nick to me

Will be a good days play today

34 minutes ago, Rob k said:

The wicket looked in pretty good nick to me

Will be a good days play today

I’m going on a last day wicket - no team likes to bat last in a two innings test. The commentators think that the wicket could hold up but 300 runs in three sessions remains a tall order.

At least one of our batsman will have to go big with a ton plus. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’m going on a last day wicket - no team likes to bat last in a two innings test. The commentators think that the wicket could hold up but 300 runs in three sessions remains a tall order.

At least one of our batsman will have to go big with a ton plus. 

Lose no more than one wicket in the first session & there's a good chance....

Be nice to show the 'flat track bullies' how it's done..

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It is all “JB” on here!!! Joe Bryan, Josh Brownhill, Joey Barton - I cannot keep up!

Abbreviations in the English language are the equivalent of the gherkin in the burger! Modern ones like ‘OMG’ - ‘gr8’ - ‘lmfao’ - ‘smh’ - ‘fml’ - they are simply hideous! 

And why is abbreviation such a long word?! ? (...these things keep me awake at night...) 

I really like the Gherkin in a burger, nice bit of tang

Archived