IGNORED

On This Day

Silvio Dante

I remember Gus Caesar signing and thinking to myself he can't be that bad he's played for Arsenal. Christ I was wrong, he had a side ways pass to him and he completely missed trapping it. Up their with Bas Savage. Shaun Taylor on the other hand what a warrior. Old school head it and kick it, great player.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think I was privileged to see Gus`s one and only superb performance for us. It was away at Cambridge on a Tuesday and he was magnificent. He was getting in tackles and heading everything away. MOM by a country mile.

Shame it didn`t last!

He was outstanding at Wimbledon in a 1-0 FA Cup win, Andy May got our goal.

Wimbledon were at their thuggish peak (Fashanu, Jones, etc) but he was able to deal with that.

But a bit like Richard Dryden he looked to me like he had his boots on the wrong feet most of the time.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He was outstanding at Wimbledon in a 1-0 FA Cup win, Andy May got our goal.

Wimbledon were at their thuggish peak (Fashanu, Jones, etc) but he was able to deal with that.

But a bit like Richard Dryden he looked to me like he had his boots on the wrong feet most of the time.

Went to that game, although I don't particularly remember Gus's performance. What I do remember is that it was at Selhurst Park on a Tuesday night, a replay following a turgid Ashton Gate first leg. Crowd certainly less than 4,000, well chuffed that we overcame a Wimbledon team and their bully-boy tactics...

Archived