IGNORED

Emma Raducanu

Kid in the Riot

One of the greatest achievements by a British sportsperson ever.

From qualifier to winning a Slam in such a short space of time, and not losing a set or even going to a tie break, is truly remarkable.

It's the kind of story that if it was written for a film it would get thrown out for being too unrealistic. 

As a father of daughters, what an inspiration she is 👊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

One of the greatest achievements by a British sportsperson ever.

From qualifier to winning a Slam in such a short space of time, and not losing a set or even going to a tie break, is truly remarkable.

It's the kind of story that if it was written for a film it would get thrown out for being too unrealistic. 

As a father of daughters, what an inspiration she is 👊

It’s also incredibly un-British!

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is this the greatest underdog victory in the history of sport? I genuinely can’t think of anything better but I’m open to suggestions!

Just remarkable

I'm struggling to think of anything, in the modern era at least. Greece winning the Euros? Even that doesn't really compare.

It's like a Conference team winning the FA Cup.

• Thanks 1

Classy lady, incredible stuff.  Looks like she is going to be a proper British winner rather than the plucky loser we herald all the time.

Lets wait for the gutter press and Piers Morgan get stuck into her when she fails to win the next title.  I real hope the British public get behind her.

Both these ladies have kept me entertained tonight, the pace an power of the tennis on show was great  something you tend to see generally when the Williams Sisters are on court.  These two could dominate for the next decade, 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

Classy lady, incredible stuff.  Looks like she is going to be a proper British winner rather than the plucky loser we herald all the time.

Lets wait for the gutter press and Piers Morgan get stuck into her when she fails to win the next title.  I real hope the British public get behind her.

Both these ladies have kept me entertained tonight, the pace an power of the tennis on show was great  something you tend to see generally when the Williams Sisters are on court.  These two could dominate for the next decade, 

Well said mate 👏 

Morgan didn't  miss an opportunity at Wimbledon did he? Hope he's eating humble pie tonight. And supports her in the future instead of kicking her.

I've run out of superlatives.