IGNORED

City vocab

TedsHeadIs Red

As City fans we have much to offer the English language. Words that have specific meaning to us could be used more generally as part of English vocabulary. For example:

Dolman - someone who leaves an event early to the annoyance of everyone else, as in “the party went on till three but there were some dolmans there who were gone by midnight “

Trundle - to flatter to deceive, as in “Gary trundled his way through school. He could be brilliant in some maths lessons but got a D in his GCSE”

Gow - giving the malevolent illusion of being ever present, as in “Tom was a bit of a gow. Wherever I went, when I looked up he always seemed to be there, intimidating me by his look. In fact, he was every ****ing where. Scared the sh1t out of me”

19 minutes ago, awbb said:

Dinning - a complete lack of interest or effort after a target has been achieved.

Even now several years on any loan player giving impressive performance always begs the question of whether “they’re doing a Dinning”…………………:cool2:

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Some of you may remember the (ahem) no-nonsense midfielder Dave Smith who played in the team that beat Liverpool in the cup in 1994.  I’m pretty sure that for a short time that season being kicked up in the air by a violent challenge was referred to as ‘being Daved’.

I think you mean Dave Martin. Sir Smudger played played a few years previously for us! 

As I'm now of a certain age, I thought I had better double check. Wow! What a team of players we beat....

Screenshot_20210909-081951_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-082012_Chrome.jpg

Archived