IGNORED

City vocab

TedsHeadIs Red

To Marvin  - to massively overestimate the value of an asset “Yeah I bought one of those NFTs, reckoned it could be worth £10m but I marvined it”

To Joey - to continually blame others for your own shortcomings “He said Ben Garner was at fault for his wife getting hit, but I reckon he joeyed it”

To Fevs - to produce an excessive amount of data to prove your point “I asked for a quick one pager on the companies performance but he Fevs’d it and gave me a 20 page deck. I couldn’t be arsed to read it all so just agreed with him”

(Sorry Dave…?)

A Bristol Brexit - see also; 'The Fewers Lament' 

From a top 6 sunny upland of comfort and prosperity, you inexplicably decided to throw it all away in a moment of madness (in their case, losing heavily to Swansea whilst we were congratulating Preston on promotion at Ashton Gate) thus starting a downward spiral that decades later, no obvious signs of recovery have sprouted.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To Marvin  - to massively overestimate the value of an asset “Yeah I bought one of those NFTs, reckoned it could be worth £10m but I marvined it”

To Joey - to continually blame others for your own shortcomings “He said Ben Garner was at fault for his wife getting hit, but I reckon he joeyed it”

To Fevs - to produce an excessive amount of data to prove your point “I asked for a quick one pager on the companies performance but he Fevs’d it and gave me a 20 page deck. I couldn’t be arsed to read it all so just agreed with him”

(Sorry Dave…?)

You’ve sussed me out.

Five pillars = "utter bulls**t"

As in "Dear deluded Sag, stop telling us you had 10,000 fans locked out yesterday. You're talking five pillars again"

In days of old a "Parrog" (better known as Parr OG) would have been parlance for "a common occurence".

As in "It's no surprise the Blue Few are crying after being hammered again. That's a parrog"

A disappointing Rolls.

Not to be confused with an underperforming prestige motor vehicle.

When your slow cooked hock doesn't melt away from the bone with a slight tug from a fork and instead represents a piece of yarn of indeterminable length.

'Cor, that barbie the other day was a right drinkathon, probably explains why the pork was well undercooked. That ham was well stringy.

55 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Five pillars = "utter bulls**t"

As in "Dear deluded Sag, stop telling us you had 10,000 fans locked out yesterday. You're talking five pillars again"

In days of old a "Parrog" (better known as Parr OG) would have been parlance for "a common occurence".

As in "It's no surprise the Blue Few are crying after being hammered again. That's a parrog"  *

* see      Connorog and Lowog

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

A JET - to do something great at a lower level than is then remembered, thus becoming more overrated as each year passes. 

More controversially could also be called an S.Taylor 

Is this directed at me Dave. Christ, you’ll be starting on Ade Akinbiyi next. 

Get out. Get out now. I think I hate you. 

Archived