IGNORED

Meaningless Jargon/ buzz phrases

The dastardly red

With Lee gone and up the other end of the country I'm missing the meaningless jargon he used to speak.

I'm going to make some up to give me a fix.

In training we've been working on dynamic switches that respond in real time to opposition intentions. We've "pre-set the radio", if you like, meaning we can skip from station to station as necessary without having to mess around with the search button.

21 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

With Lee gone and up the other end of the country I'm missing the meaningless jargon he used to speak.

In training we've been working on dynamic switches that respond in real time to opposition intentions. We've "pre-set the radio", if you like, meaning we can skip from station to station as necessary without having to mess around with the search button.

He's back!

3 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

You'll get some lovely (fuse)box entries with those.

We’ve been developing the players on-pitch IQ by assessing their runs, and breaking each one down into their personal KMSR scores (kinetic micro step ratio). This allows us to show the players what kind of runs to make, where and when. It’s like XG but for movement, if you like. Using the drone footage, we’ve been able to show them that they could get as high as 906 KMSR points by maximising the POMO, and looking to penetrate the box with non-static tactics, as opposed to crossing the ball when our striker is unmarked at the back post, which is what everyone else does.

Andi Weimann is consistently top scorer on KMSR. In joint second place is Dan Bentley and Max O’Leary, which may raise questions from the fans who are new to this tech, but not from me. It just proves the value of this kind of cutting edge technology that we’re implementing and how it makes us Premier League ready. 

I’ve also just returned from a Saturday shift at Greggs. Like us, their staff are used to delivering quality product under pressure from punters, and there are many similarities between sausage rolls and goals, if you like. It was great to really get under their skin. 

13 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Pet hates:

Bang average. What does "bang" do here exactly?

Baby steps. Didn't we have words for this idea already?

Me too.  Average means middle, bang means right in the middle, yet people use “bang average” in a critical way, as in “he’s bang average” to mean he’s not very good.  Doesn’t make sense.

Archived