IGNORED

Nige Interview - Pre Preston

Lew-T

Liked his comment about Conway but in truth it is pretty obvious with Nige whether you’re in or out of favour.

As others have said, he gives reasoned answers & he sets out his plan for how we are looking to progress if you are prepared to listen to actually what he says.

26 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I liked everything he said regarding our young players. Both individually and the general approach to their development.

In safe hands there.

Exactly how I feel and have felt, even during last season.  As @GrahamCsays above, he’s been pretty open and clear about things if you’re prepared to listen.

As per the two previous comments, my immediate thought was that this seems finally to be a totally relaxed-into-the-job version of NP. Things are picking up, as was perhaps inevitable under such competent and experienced stewardship, and he seems comfortable and content here with City. I don't want to exaggerate, but I think he's taking us up. 

I enjoyed that so much I went and took a look at some of his interviews at Leicester. A couple of absolute corkers. 

The one where he went after the reporter for not knowing what he’s talking about was great. But clearly the media reinforcements were sent in to go after him subsequently. 

Great stuff.

McG has his work cut out!!

Nevertheless the club interviews have been good lately. 

He shows his confidence very visibily and if that comes across to us via a video, how beneficial it must be to the players who are working with and for him, on a daily basis.

Not good news about Conway but if it clears up the remains of a previous injury, the loss of two months will prove beneficial for Tom in the future. A problem from a previous regime?

I liked Nigel as a player at Shrewsbury and believe he will achieve success as the City manager. It won't fail because of lack of effort.

23 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

As per the two previous comments, my immediate thought was that this seems finally to be a totally relaxed-into-the-job version of NP. Things are picking up, as was perhaps inevitable under such competent and experienced stewardship, and he seems comfortable and content here with City. I don't want to exaggerate, but I think he's taking us up. 

I'm not saying it will be this year but I would not put my house on it. 

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He shows his confidence very visibily and if that comes across to us via a video, how beneficial it must be to the players who are working with and for him, on a daily basis.

Not good news about Conway but if it clears up the remains of a previous injury, the loss of two months will prove beneficial for Tom in the future. A problem from a previous regime?

I liked Nigel as a player at Shrewsbury and believe he will achieve success as the City manager. It won't fail because of lack of effort.

Han-Noah’s interview implied that he and the squad are crystal clear what Nige wants / expects.

Re Tommy - bit of a clean-up sounds like a bit of cartilage / grit to tidy up / wash out.  My gut feel is nothing sinister or related to Rolls.

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

You could say it's catchy

Sorry, any excuse from some Springsteen related nonsense.

I loved it. The eyebrows, encouraging nod and grin as the words "physically competitive" are uttered.

I wonder who Tanner clattered unnecessarily in training to warrant such gushing praise and emotion from NP?

Just been reading the transcript of Nige’s pre-match interview (mustn’t call it a presser!!) with Gregor.  There are some beauties in there….in a good way.

38EC0317-D9C9-435D-B903-1041020EFFFA.thumb.jpeg.afdb6412d9102eafa278b5604a8f65bd.jpeg

That first highlighted bit is a classic.  Nige is pretty open, but you have to listen and work out what he is saying for effect sometimes.  The second one is him tolerating having to do interviews.  When he’s left to respond to open questions there are some real nuggets in there.  I didn’t highlight the bit about strikers, his view is he has them now, whereas before Weimann and Martin returned he wasn’t sure.

DC613420-39EF-4ED8-B16F-E318C8DF2730.thumb.jpeg.8e9299b9230fa26f1a17e07021b25f66.jpeg

More confirmation that he won’t bring in players for the sake of it.  There was a bit also in the interview where it looks like Tanner deal was done but Carlisle played him.

656F6CC8-A85E-4976-8D93-32919C5363F0.thumb.jpeg.5d3f40e0f829f3d688f70abfad007885.jpeg

Further confirmation that he can be flexible within a team system.  I’m so glad re the tiredness of changing systems.  He hasn’t moved away from this system all season or pre-season.  It’s fine for us fans to pick our team’s, but those picking back threes aren’t gonna get their preferred team very often.  The professional manager is telling us we don’t have the squad to play it!

Also, a bit more on selection policy.  Of course he could hate Nahki Wells, but I just think it’s Chris and Andi have the shirt, but they could drop form, get injured, etc, or Nige might want to go different for a particular game (Baker v Cardiff).

054F4A3D-EA8F-4AA1-A7E1-844C450F893A.thumb.jpeg.3455bd0f2abe78263df80b5a3d7d8439.jpeg

@spudskiwhat have we been saying?  We now have a manager who knows exactly what is needed.  He is vastly experienced and knows what works.  The future will be better than the last couple of seasons.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just been reading the transcript of Nige’s pre-match interview (mustn’t call it a presser!!) with Gregor.  There are some beauties in there….in a good way.

38EC0317-D9C9-435D-B903-1041020EFFFA.thumb.jpeg.afdb6412d9102eafa278b5604a8f65bd.jpeg

That first highlighted bit is a classic.  Nige is pretty open, but you have to listen and work out what he is saying for effect sometimes.  The second one is him tolerating having to do interviews.  When he’s left to respond to open questions there are some real nuggets in there.  I didn’t highlight the bit about strikers, his view is he has them now, whereas before Weimann and Martin returned he wasn’t sure.

DC613420-39EF-4ED8-B16F-E318C8DF2730.thumb.jpeg.8e9299b9230fa26f1a17e07021b25f66.jpeg

More confirmation that he won’t bring in players for the sake of it.  There was a bit also in the interview where it looks like Tanner deal was done but Carlisle played him.

656F6CC8-A85E-4976-8D93-32919C5363F0.thumb.jpeg.5d3f40e0f829f3d688f70abfad007885.jpeg

Further confirmation that he can be flexible within a team system.  I’m so glad re the tiredness of changing systems.  He hasn’t moved away from this system all season or pre-season.  It’s fine for us fans to pick our team’s, but those picking back threes aren’t gonna get their preferred team very often.  The professional manager is telling us we don’t have the squad to play it!

Also, a bit more on selection policy.  Of course he could hate Nahki Wells, but I just think it’s Chris and Andi have the shirt, but they could drop form, get injured, etc, or Nige might want to go different for a particular game (Baker v Cardiff).

054F4A3D-EA8F-4AA1-A7E1-844C450F893A.thumb.jpeg.3455bd0f2abe78263df80b5a3d7d8439.jpeg

@spudskiwhat have we been saying?  We now have a manager who knows exactly what is needed.  He is vastly experienced and knows what works.  The future will be better than the last couple of seasons.

This is very heartening. Direction, purpose, proper management.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly Dave. 

I was 50/50 when he first came here. Over the past month I think he's come across a lot better in the media. 

His better communication via the media will help, especially if things don't go our way for a while.

As for how we now set up, use players to the best of their ability, with an aim at fitness and ingrained system can only be positive.

I like the way he manages. You can see the players respect him and believe in his system.

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Exactly Dave. 

I was 50/50 when he first came here. Over the past month I think he's come across a lot better in the media. 

His better communication via the media will help, especially if things don't go our way for a while.

As for how we now set up, use players to the best of their ability, with an aim at fitness and ingrained system can only be positive.

I like the way he manages. You can see the players respect him and believe in his system.

Got to say I don’t think he’s changed his media approach at all from last season.  Thought he was clear and honest last season, and continued that over the summer into this season too.

Archived