IGNORED

Topics

Hampshire reds

Thank you for starting this thread about chocolate that may or may not be still available.

You can still buy Topics in packs of 3 in Asda for a quid so don’t despair.

I miss Spiras for some reason even though they’re just Cadbury’s milk chocolate. I used to like Nova bars as well and Rolo eggs but what I really loved were Secret bars...oh, and fruit flavoured Toffos, but I don’t know if they qualify for this particular subject.

I live in hope that one day one or all of these will make a comeback, after all Wispas disappeared for about 15 years so you never know. 

Regarding the size of chocolate bars etc these days, wagons must be getting smaller these days judging by the size of their wheels.

As far as Marathon/Snickers or similar go it's worth checking both Aldi and Lidl's generic versions which are not only larger and cheaper, but in some cases tastier. Lidl's own brand flavoured bubbly (aero) bars are delicious.

8 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

3p for a curly wurly!

Tell you what im looking for, cant find them nowhere.

Lincoln biscuits, they came in a green packet.

I bought some in London in 2015, I was well excited because I hadn’t seen them for years. Didn’t disappoint :yes:

https://www.avonvalefoods.com/product/jacobs-lincoln-biscuits/

Wimpy was great, used to go to the one on Park St. and another next to the Hippodrome as a special treat.

Usually after being dragged down town by my Mum to buy shoes or bits of school uniform for the new term, an expedition I didn't enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wimpy was great, used to go to the one on Park St. and another next to the Hippodrome as a special treat.

Usually after being dragged down town by my Mum to buy shoes or bits of school uniform for the new term, an expedition I didn't enjoy!

Five Guys now is a very expensive Wimpy!

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wimpy are still going, and the Bender is still very much a thing:

https://wimpy.uk.com/food-stories/bender-bun

There only appears to be one branch left in the Westcountry now which is why I thought they`d gone. It`s in Barnstaple, a place I visit regularly, so lunch is sorted next time I do.

A Bender it is!

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

There only appears to be one branch left in the Westcountry now which is why I thought they`d gone. It`s in Barnstaple, a place I visit regularly, so lunch is sorted next time I do.

A Bender it is!

Yeah, looking at the list of branches they seem to be concentrated in the South East with a few others dotted about. There used to be one in the motorway services nearest to me but that's long gone now.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

Did those jigsaw sets during lockdown. They're great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gibsons-Memories-Jigsaw-Puzzle-pieces/dp/B006HENZPU/

Snap, Tom. I did this one:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/gibsons-the-brands-that-built-britain-puzzle-1000-pieces/620091-1000

I was just going to say to @exAtyeoMax that that would make a good jigsaw puzzle

Next stop, learning to crochet ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Snap, Tom. I did this one:

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/gibsons-the-brands-that-built-britain-puzzle-1000-pieces/620091-1000

I was just going to say to @exAtyeoMax that that would make a good jigsaw puzzle

Next stop, learning to crochet ??‍♂️

Er indoors taught herself crochet during lockdown.

Can't move in our house for yarn. 

Don't do it.

33 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, looking at the list of branches they seem to be concentrated in the South East with a few others dotted about. There used to be one in the motorway services nearest to me but that's long gone now.

The Swanage one is still going strong, not sure the interior has changed much in the 30 odd years since my first visit and passing the door last month! 

15 hours ago, BS3City said:

I can confirm that Topic's are still in existence, and that I ate one quite recently. Whilst the taste and texture was no different to what I expected I must confess that it was somewhat smaller than I recalled. However I'm not sure if this was as a result of it being part of a multipack (which seem to be quite prevalent these days, and a bit of a "swizz" in my opinion), or whether it was due to the fact that I was significantly younger when I last ate one. So much so that my hands would have been smaller, and hence the bar appeared bigger. 

Hope this helps...?

'Swizz'

That made I laugh. My old man used to say that. Not heard it in ages! Made my day.?

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thank you for starting this thread about chocolate that may or may not be still available.

You can still buy Topics in packs of 3 in Asdal for a quid so don’t despair.

I miss Spiras for some reason even though they’re just Cadbury’s milk chocolate. I used to like Nova bars as well and Rolo eggs but what I really loved were Secret bars...oh, and fruit flavoured Toffos, but I don’t know if they qualify for this particular subject.

I live in hope that one day one or all of these will make a comeback, after all Wispas disappeared for about 15 years so you never know. 

Sorry Peter, just edited this for you.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Burger on a China plate #UnionStreet. 
Chicken in a Bun #saywhatyousee. Lloret de Mar, 1988 “Wimpollo”

Archived