IGNORED

Topics

Hampshire reds

On 09/09/2021 at 20:21, fingers said:

So are you technically breaching your pledge to not start any more topics by starting a topic stating you aren’t going to start a topic, or will you be not starting a topic after this last topic that you’ve started?

Don't start

On 09/09/2021 at 21:46, BS3City said:

I was significantly younger when I last ate one. So much so that my hands would have been smaller, and hence the bar appeared bigger. 

Yep the perspective of age is definitely a thing. Visiting the delightful Devon resort of Beer recently, I assured the wife that the pebbles on the beach there are absolutely huge. About the size of your feet! I knew this because I went to Beer on holiday years ago. 

Anyway when we got there it turned out I was wrong and the pebbles are actually rather small.  Then I remembered that I was about 4 years old and with tiny feet the last time I'd been there :doh:

19 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Got some recently from Sainsbury's, Winterstoke Road, 3 for a quid.Fry's Chocolate Cream Multipack x3 147g

See, if I saw that I`d think it was milk chocolate. Blue is milk, red is plain. Don`t confuse us! It`s like crisps - red is plain, blue is cheese and onion and green is salt and vinegar. I`m always thrown by Hula Hoops, they don`t stick to the rules!

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

See, if I saw that I`d think it was milk chocolate. Blue is milk, red is plain. Don`t confuse us! It`s like crisps - red is plain, blue is cheese and onion and green is salt and vinegar. I`m always thrown by Hula Hoops, they don`t stick to the rules!

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. Blue is salt and vinegar, cheese and onion is green. It's only Walkers who do it the other way round. Look at Discos, Hula Hoops, McCoy's, Pringles. I could go on....

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The ‘red label’ version of Fry’s Chocolate Cream was “Five Centres” a mixed fruit selection, green label was peppermint. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The ‘red label’ version of Fry’s Chocolate Cream was “Five Centres” a mixed fruit selection, green label was peppermint. 

Five centres was my wife's favourite. Her father worked for Fry's all his life and said that they stopped making them because it was the single most expensive chocolate to produce in their range.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Five centres was my wife's favourite. Her father worked for Fry's all his life and said that they stopped making them because it was the single most expensive chocolate to produce in their range.

My mum worked at Fry’s too, so we used to get loads from the retail shop, stuff that had been on the floor and damaged). Some of the five centres from the shop had all the centres mixed up and sometimes only one flavour, but we didn’t care.

Cadbury’s also did a Plain Choice and Milk Tray bar which had the same thing happen. Was lush but you never really knew what you’d get. That was probably too expensive to produce! 

9 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. Blue is salt and vinegar, cheese and onion is green. It's only Walkers who do it the other way round. Look at Discos, Hula Hoops, McCoy's, Pringles. I could go on....

Only on OTIB could we end up having a debate on what colour packaging snacks should have!

Long may it continue!

16 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

This is the most correct anyone has ever been on the Internet.

Golden Wonder know the score.

Archived