IGNORED

Big Dunc (Ferguson) - top bloke

Davefevs

That video is an absolute classic.  One of the things I love is that Big Dunc is humble enough to introduce himself properly 'This is Duncan Ferguson from Everton Football Club'.

And I think that is him attempting to hold back on the swearing.

Legend of the game.

Thanks for posting the update.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

One of my heros in the game.

Legend.

Duncan Ferguson was an absolute thug on the pitch - real tough and angry  bastard. Not sure how many times he got sent off but I do remember him elbowing an opponent who was trying to dispossess him from behind and got a straight red for that.

Much nicer bloke off the pitch than on it and a real hero to Evetonians.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Duncan Ferguson was an absolute thug on the pitch - real tough and angry  bastard. Not sure how many times he got sent off but I do remember him elbowing an opponent who was trying to dispossess him from behind and got a straight red for that.

Much nicer bloke off the pitch than on it and a real hero to Evetonians.

Think he got 9 reds in his career. Which given a caution was more difficult to get back then than it is now, is quite an achievement.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Hero 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Think he got 9 reds in his career. Which given a caution was more difficult to get back then than it is now, is quite an achievement.

He did a bit of bird up in Scotland for one of his red cards - think he broke the other guys jaw.

The kind of player you'd love if he played for your team, and would hate him if he played for your opponents.

13 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

He did a bit of bird up in Scotland for one of his red cards - think he broke the other guys jaw.

The kind of player you'd love if he played for your team, and would hate him if he played for your opponents.

Oddly, I think the ref missed it and took no action at the time, it took the CPS to get involved. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is.

It really is hard to overstate just how much Evertonians love him.

Loads of stories, like when he took over as caretaker manager, visited Howard Kendall’s widow on the morning of his first game & asked if he could wear his watch in his memory, or the chap who posted that Big Dunc was driving through Liverpool & saw his lad walking back home from football practice with an Everton top on, so stopped his Merc & gave him £20.

I find the whole Premiership circus utterly nauseating (Cristiano Ronaldo FFS & the hoardes of big club plastics) but he’s a link back to when players & fans interacted.

He was dirty but also a ******* legend, Shearer said he was the best partner he ever had, there is footage of Roy Keane shitting out of a confrontation with him, plus of course the time 2 blokes broke into his house & he beat the shit out of both of them, one was in hospital for a week before the police could arrest him ?

Much more likable now than he was as a player - I hated the fact people used to glorify his thuggery, especially as sometimes he seemed to go off on players who hadn’t deserved it and who were unlikely to have a go back at him. Yeah, he did chuck Ince to the ground once but nobody except the “Guv’nor” himself truly thinks of him as a hard man.

DF still not the hardest man in football, though - that honour would go to Billy Whitehurst who used to indulge in bare-knuckle fighting to supplement his football income. Absolute nails.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It really is hard to overstate just how much Evertonians love him.

Loads of stories, like when he took over as caretaker manager, visited Howard Kendall’s widow on the morning of his first game & asked if he could wear his watch in his memory, or the chap who posted that Big Dunc was driving through Liverpool & saw his lad walking back home from football practice with an Everton top on, so stopped his Merc & gave him £20.

I find the whole Premiership circus utterly nauseating (Cristiano Ronaldo FFS & the hoardes of big club plastics) but he’s a link back to when players & fans interacted.

He was dirty but also a ******* legend, Shearer said he was the best partner he ever had, there is footage of Roy Keane shitting out of a confrontation with him, plus of course the time 2 blokes broke into his house & he beat the shit out of both of them, one was in hospital for a week before the police could arrest him ?

Rumour has it the burglars dialled 999 when they realised whose house they'd entered.

Archived