IGNORED

U23 v Sheff Utd Any Streams?

REDOXO

Best I’ve seen Benarous play. He’s been a bit “flatter to deceive” in some games.

Jamie Knight-Lebel - 1st year. Very solid. First time I’ve seen him.

James Taylor - really neat and tidy.

I can get a bit frustrated that the kids sometimes don’t do the basics well, but those two were spot on.

Dylan Kadji has got a bright future too!

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

People are raving about Benarous but the 4, Kadji looks some player, won loads of 50/50s, used the ball smartly & kept us ticking over.

Like the look of him a lot.

Great minds. More Vieira than Bakinson!!!

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

People are raving about Benarous but the 4, Kadji looks some player, won loads of 50/50s, used the ball smartly & kept us ticking over.

Like the look of him a lot.

I think it’s great that we are starting to get to see our young players on these you tube streams. When normally certainly me wouldn’t get to see them. They done very last season and started very well this albeit with a bit of help in the last game from some 1st team players. We have some very promising footballers at our club and it’s very encouraging to see

18 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Hell of a finish!

On a separate matter, can someone more knowledgeable than I explain how the PDL works?

I understand the North/South split, but if the league is split, why do teams in the two splits play each other? 

Play each team in your league twice and each team in the other league once.

Top two go into semi-finals.

Janneh’s goal was fantastic - a wonderful finish. Really good performances all over the pitch but for me, Wiles-Richards, Benarous and Kadji are really exciting prospects. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. 

BTW Chesterfield’s impressive non league ground reminded me of the new soon to be unveiled 27,001 seater stadium that is being surreptitiously built at the fruit market. Puts to shame some League Two teams (well one actually). 

Because we haven't shunted out on loan whole under 23 teams, we are seeing for the first time, an U23 City side playing the same pattern as the first team. This will bring huge benefits in the coming years as the upcoming youngsters will be able to fit seamlessly into a Championship side.

Not a club with several different formations but one where all in the club will be more likely to play well.

Hasn't taken long for Nigel Pearson to do the sensible thing.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Because we haven't shunted out on loan whole under 23 teams, we are seeing for the first time, an U23 City side playing the same pattern as the first team. This will bring huge benefits in the coming years as the upcoming youngsters will be able to fit seamlessly into a Championship side.

Not a club with several different formations but one where all in the club will be more likely to play well.

Hasn't taken Nigel Pearson to do the sensible thing.

In fairness the u23s play a back 3….it’s usually a 343, but today it was more 352.

Wiles-Richards

Taylor | Knight-Lebel | Allen

Janneh | Benarous | Kadji | Pearson | Soady

Bell | Britton

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

BTW Chesterfield’s impressive non league ground reminded me of the new soon to be unveiled 27,001 seater stadium that is being surreptitiously built at the fruit market

In fairness it's delayed because the supply chain and labour shortage problems businesses are facing mean you can't get guy ropes for tents for love nor money. ?

I find much to be optimistic about regarding our young players and the future for our club. However, I am surprised nobody has suggested giving some of them tennis racquets (or is it rackets) and entering them as qualifiers for one of the Grand Slam tournaments. It would bring great prestige to the club and extra funds as it appears to be a doddle for these young British folk with precious little or no tournament experience.

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I get that impression too, not seen too much of him but the bits that I have is very impressive. First team appearance this season may be on the cards?

Maybe towards the end if theres nothing to play for but I think he needs to be a permanent fixture in the 23s first and consistently dominate games.  His movement, balance and awareness are superb though. 

15 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I get that impression too, not seen too much of him but the bits that I have is very impressive. First team appearance this season may be on the cards?

The big hurdle for the tricky, skilful youngsters is the jump to senior football, certainly at Championship level.

When you watch an u23 game it’s slower, the spaces are bigger, it’s less physical etc and you get more time and more opportunity to face up your marker 1-on-1.  At Championship level it’s the opposite.

I still find it very impressive how well Scott has adapted.

Then I look back at Owura’s debut (was it against Brentford - away), where he looked bright but in reality he didn’t really do a lot, dribbled into trouble etc.  Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a bad debut, far from it, but if it had been a senior player we’d have been moaning at him for losing the ball regularly.  That’s the step up, and also our expectations too….we are starting to see the likes of Scott deserving of his place, keeping his place when more senior / experienced players are fit and available.

Benarous is most definitely talented and has good pedigree from Eng u17 call-up, but he’s not even a regular in a pretty strong u23s yet.  He probably doesn’t start today had Josh Owers not gone out on loan.

He needs to carry on his improvement.

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe towards the end if theres nothing to play for but I think he needs to be a permanent fixture in the 23s first and consistently dominate games.  His movement, balance and awareness are superb though. 

Haha ⬆️⬆️⬆️

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The big hurdle for the tricky, skilful youngsters is the jump to senior football, certainly at Championship level.

When you watch an u23 game it’s slower, the spaces are bigger, it’s less physical etc and you get more time and more opportunity to face up your marker 1-on-1.  At Championship level it’s the opposite.

I still find it very impressive how well Scott has adapted.

Then I look back at Owura’s debut (was it against Brentford - away), where he looked bright but in reality he didn’t really do a lot, dribbled into trouble etc.  Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a bad debut, far from it, but if it had been a senior player we’d have been moaning at him for losing the ball regularly.  That’s the step up, and also our expectations too….we are starting to see the likes of Scott deserving of his place, keeping his place when more senior / experienced players are fit and available.

Benarous is most definitely talented and has good pedigree from Eng u17 call-up, but he’s not even a regular in a pretty strong u23s yet.  He probably doesn’t start today had Josh Owers not gone out on loan.

He needs to carry on his improvement.

Haha ⬆️⬆️⬆️

I also like the fact that Pearson hasn't sent all the younger players out on loan apart from a couple,It makes absolute sense for them to train with senior pros and stay in Bristol day in day out,It's going to take time but we will see the fruits of some good talent in the first team.

Exciting to see and hopefully ?Benarous and others continue to improve.

12 hours ago, Street red said:

I also like the fact that Pearson hasn't sent all the younger players out on loan apart from a couple,It makes absolute sense for them to train with senior pros and stay in Bristol day in day out,It's going to take time but we will see the fruits of some good talent in the first team.

Exciting to see and hopefully ?Benarous and others continue to improve.

Always held that view.

‘Toughening up’ is part of the process for some. However, developing the winning mentality, partnerships and team play/bonding are key parts of a developing player’s ‘portfolio’.

Maybe Pring telling Nige that he didn’t feel part of the Club after x number of loans raised the manager’s awareness of the past problems associated with player development here. 

Archived