IGNORED

U23 v Sheff Utd Any Streams?

REDOXO

18 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

City playing all the football ...all over a poor Sheffield side 1-4 up ..good work.

That Sheffield team were the divisional north champions and also the overall champions last season and look to have most of that team this season.

City made them look poor second half through hard work and good football, deserved the win.

Impressed with Allen and Kadji, and Benarous was good second half.

5 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

The sooner we get Cat 1 academy and can play the teams we are aiming to join the better . Leeds and Burnley made a big push to Cat 1 due to the need to play quality opposition . 

Anyone got any ideas if we are pushing towards cat 1 or what the process is to get it? 

36 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

agree 

Not included in FFP , more coaching hours , more commitments to the education of the players , can scout nationally , but also playing the best teams .  If SL had wanted to he could have done this years ago . Instead of wasting millions on short term rubbish . We only just got a training centre . After 20 years . Where did the other 150 m go ? Not complaining  about what SL has spent , he has just spent very very badly . Ten years ago the training centre and Academy cat 1 should have been done . 

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is the point where @Psychopompand @Lrrrlock horns! ?

He thinks a Cat 2 is enough. It is not for a club aiming to be a Prem set up .  Why have Burnley worked so hard for Cat 1 ? How anyone can justify a billionaire spending on crap ? and ignore creating the best Cat 1 academy , that sits outside of FFP is beyond comprehension. @lrr speaks a lot of sense , a huge amount . Respect . But we need Cat1 . Or we are wanting to be a championship club . But that is not what SL claims . 

On 11/09/2021 at 12:15, Street red said:

Anyone got any ideas if we are pushing towards cat 1 or what the process is to get it? 

I think we are at least an indoor, full size pitch away. There are lots of requirements, number of coaches and hours spent with the player etc, but you also need a full size pitch, floodlit all weather pitch I believe. Not sure we are after Cat 1, otherwise I would have thought the indoor pitch would have been in the original plan, I think we're using the Bears ATM
Not been able to find the requirements anywhere , but I did find this one about Palace's Academy, which looks classy.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/academy/category-1-academy-status-approved/2020-07-09/

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think we are at least an indoor, full size pitch away. There are lots of requirements, number of coaches and hours spent with the player etc, but you also need a full size pitch, floodlit all weather pitch I believe. Not sure we are after Cat 1, otherwise I would have thought the indoor pitch would have been in the original plan, I think we're using the Bears ATM
Not been able to find the requirements anywhere , but I did find this one about Palace's Academy, which looks classy.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/academy/category-1-academy-status-approved/2020-07-09/

Thanks for that gives me some idea where the club needs to be regarding cat1 looking at the palace academy..It does look classy I also like the statement at the end.

Season Ticket holders for the 2019/20 season are being offered incredible benefits in return for transferring their refund towards further enhancing the Academy project by becoming Academy Founder Members, including an invitation to attend a first-team training session with a friend. For more information, click the banner below.

Archived