IGNORED

750 preston fans at the gate,very poor showing

Never to the dark side

This is the sort of garbage the Gas come out with.

750 is a perfectly respectable following considering the distance and if we take that many for the return fixture I’ll be surprised.

Blackpool brought as many as they did because it was their first fixture back in the Championship for years.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

First game of season for Blackpool so number always going to be higher for them.  I think 750 is pretty decent TBF. 

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/all-the-local-info-for-your-trip-to-bristol-on-saturday-week.3434145/page-2

PNE will be backed by over 750 supporters tomorrow afternoon at Ashton Gate! 

Plus it was the peak holiday season when Blackpool were down here so there will be loads of Blackpool folk with no homes to go to as they would've let their homes out to holidaymakers so it works out favourably for them, and fairly cheap, to have a seat on a coach and then the Atyeo to take up half a day. 

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

It’s a miracle if we ever take more than 600 to any ground further than the midlands . 

fair play to preston a small city with lots of big successful teams not to far away and they are still probably gonna bring more to us than we would to them

If we are playoff pushing we do. I went to Blackburn when there was 1400 odd and Wigan when 1500 odd for relegation unless I'm going senile.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If we are playoff pushing we do. I went to Blackburn when there was 1400 odd and Wigan when 1500 odd for relegation unless I'm going senile.

We had 900 up there the season Flint scored a last minute winner. A couple of months later we got dicked 5-0 at Deepdale on a Tuesday night....I dread to think how few we had up there.

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

401.....I didn’t get counted as a Smoggie business brought me over for a meeting at the Riverside.  Fed and watered me nicely apart from the hot pork pie at half time. Hot pork pie???? Wrong on so many levels!!  ?

Considered something of a delicacy in Middlesbrough though, I’d imagine. 

23 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Tbh for a team that get over 20,000 most home games we should be taking that many consistently 

We average around 1200 on the road every season according to the stats. Obviously that figure mainly comes from the fact that we often sell out away allocations in the London area, South Wales and the Midlands but take much lower numbers to places like Preston and Middlesbrough.

Archived