IGNORED

750 preston fans at the gate,very poor showing

Never to the dark side

@Wilts; we very rarely get more than 20,000 City fans attending at home, as you know!

Maybe 3 or 4 times per season - at most. 

So, for someone that did got to PNE when we were hurt 5-0 midweek, i can tell you we had less than 300. Anyway, our support is usually (90% of any season) really poor north of the midlands as i have been criticised many times in recent years for saying. I dont care becuase it's true and in my opinion we should be taking many more away than clubs from much smaller towns

PNE arent a big club, nor are Balckpool and unless NP can do miracles with us this season another distasteful fact (to some on here) is we will not have progressed at all since the LJ days of going 2nd in the Championship.

However, I have put my money (today with Coral at 20-1) where my optimism and 'always believe' tells me to - CoYRs. We will be a real improvement from now on this season.

23 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

@Wilts; we very rarely get more than 20,000 City fans attending at home, as you know!

Maybe 3 or 4 times per season - at most. 

So, for someone that did got to PNE when we were hurt 5-0 midweek, i can tell you we had less than 300. Anyway, our support is usually (90% of any season) really poor north of the midlands as i have been criticised many times in recent years for saying. I dont care becuase it's true and in my opinion we should be taking many more away than clubs from much smaller towns

PNE arent a big club, nor are Balckpool and unless NP can do miracles with us this season another distasteful fact (to some on here) is we will not have progressed at all since the LJ days of going 2nd in the Championship.

However, I have put my money (today with Coral at 20-1) where my optimism and 'always believe' tells me to - CoYRs. We will be a real improvement from now on this season.

?

Screenshot_20210910-211249.jpg

Always has a soft spot for Preston helped by the fact I was a winner at the 50/50 half time draw many years back when they had their promotion season…at our place… think they won 2 0.. but I left with nearly £900 cash stuffed in my pocket ?

and friends who live that part of the world and good away weekend…

hopefully a good win tomorrow.

Great away following for Preston.

750 is a strong number when we are at a stage in the season when no one quite knows if the game is an essential one or not. 

Especially considering what we charge.

Always liked Preston, from the shared pitch invasion when they had some success and Rovers fell out of the play offs with a defect to Swansea, and indeed them staying behind to congratulate us on making (I think) the play offs.

Sean Mccarthy did his back in celebrating a goal.

A proper club, supported by proper football fans.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Great away following for Preston.

750 is a strong number when we are at a stage in the season when no one quite knows if the game is an essential one or not. 

Especially considering what we charge.

Always liked Preston, from the shared pitch invasion when they had some success and Rovers fell out of the play offs with a defect to Swansea, and indeed them staying behind to congratulate us on making (I think) the play offs.

Sean Mccarthy did his back in celebrating a goal.

A proper club, supported by proper football fans.

Thought that was Coventry when we secured 1st

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

99/2000.

We didn’t make the Play Offs but the slags dropped out of the top six on the final day after losing to (already relegated) Cardiff in ‘the w@nchor derby’.

It was also the last time Rovers finished above us.

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

99/2000.

We didn’t make the Play Offs but the slags dropped out of the top six on the final day after losing to (already relegated) Cardiff in ‘the w@nchor derby’.

It was also the last time Rovers finished above us.

Yes, recall that - they looked a good bet for automatic promotion at one stage so it was a monumental collapse not to even make the playoffs. Shame!

Watching them come apart at the seams was about the only highlight of a truly dismal campaign (unless you count the FLT run to the final, but we lost that too and the bellend spinning the discs at Wembley played “Hi-Ho Silver Lining” as “our song. ?)

The home derby against the Slags was one of the worst derbies I’ve been to - we did come closest to scoring when we hit the bar but it was a turgid affair. And they were top of the division at the time too.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, recall that - they looked a good bet for automatic promotion at one stage so it was a monumental collapse not to even make the playoffs. Shame!

Watching them come apart at the seams was about the only highlight of a truly dismal campaign (unless you count the FLT run to the final, but we lost that too and the bellend spinning the discs at Wembley played “Hi-Ho Silver Lining” as “our song. ?)

The home derby against the Slags was one of the worst derbies I’ve been to - we did come closest to scoring when we hit the bar but it was a turgid affair. And they were top of the division at the time too.

Yep, remember that. Disgusted but not totally shocked as it would’ve been the club who told them what to play. I remember a pre season friendly a couple of years before when the PA guy was telling the crowd what to sing when they play Hi Ho Silver Lining as the players come out. Probably about the same time we had ‘I feel good’ playing after we scored a goal.

To be fair, people complain about the match day experience now but thank God we’ve moved on from that embarrassing shit.

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Oh, I should say....I was really gutted for them. Apparently they done after the game in Cardiff by the Soul Crew then City fans were waiting for them at Temple Meads to finish them off ?

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yep, remember that. Disgusted but not totally shocked as it would’ve been the club who told them what to play. I remember a pre season friendly a couple of years before when the PA guy was telling the crowd what to sing when they play Hi Ho Silver Lining as the players come out. Probably about the same time we had ‘I feel good’ playing after we scored a goal.

To be fair, people complain about the match day experience now but thank God we’ve moved on from that embarrassing shit.

Yes. I hated “Goooooallllll Lazzzzzzooooo!” being blasted over the tannoy whenever we scored around that time too - just the eight years out of date after it was featured on Channel 4’s Italian league coverage! 

I actually had a flatmate from Milan in my Uni days and I asked him what that meant; he told me it was just an exclamation of gibberish.

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes. I hated “Goooooallllll Lazzzzzzooooo!” being blasted over the tannoy whenever we scored around that time too - just the eight years out of date after it was featured on Channel 4’s Italian league coverage! 

I actually had a flatmate from Milan in my Uni days and I asked him what that meant; he told me it was just an exclamation of gibberish.

Gibberish in Italian.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that in Spanish (or Portuguese) a similar word means “great goal” but it was used in Channel 4s Italian football program because ‘Golazo’ sounds like ‘Goal Lazio’...and as Gazza was playing for Lazio at the time the producers wanted it in the opening credits.

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We had 900 up there the season Flint scored a last minute winner. A couple of months later we got dicked 5-0 at Deepdale on a Tuesday night....I dread to think how few we had up there.

312 according to the OS which sadly stopped recording our away followings when Adam baker left.

Archived