IGNORED

750 preston fans at the gate,very poor showing

Never to the dark side

4 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Funny how we take 4500 to MK, 150 miles away, but less than 10% to teams u north 

Very true. I lived in Lancashire for 15 years and saw this us everywhere north of Birmingham and our following. aside from a few obvious exceptions, was usually average at best. Yet most of these towns/cities much better than Reading or Milton Keynes for a day out. 

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Gibberish in Italian.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that in Spanish (or Portuguese) a similar word means “great goal” but it was used in Channel 4s Italian football program because ‘Golazo’ sounds like ‘Goal Lazio’...and as Gazza was playing for Lazio at the time the producers wanted it in the opening credits.

Ah, that would make perfect sense!

Not playing it at the Gate though - unless I was comatose during Gazza’s spell under Danny Wilson as a veteran. ?

1 hour ago, hollydog said:

Very true. I lived in Lancashire for 15 years and saw this us everywhere north of Birmingham and our following. aside from a few obvious exceptions, was usually average at best. Yet most of these towns/cities much better than Reading or Milton Keynes for a day out. 

Prisons can be better days out than Reading or MK.

I think most aren't looking for a day out they are looking to turn up watch the football and go home ASAP which is a bit of shame in my opinion as some of my best nights out have been following away games up north.

14 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

401.....I didn’t get counted as a Smoggie business brought me over for a meeting at the Riverside.  Fed and watered me nicely apart from the hot pork pie at half time. Hot pork pie???? Wrong on so many levels!!  ?

I love a hot pork pie

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The best following i ever saw them with here, was last day of season.

When moyes took them up, they brought a few thousand.

Its got to be the longest, or one of the longest trips they got all season.

750s not bad

That was the season Rovers bottled the playoffs by winning one game in ten and falling from 2nd to 7th on the very last day 

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

So we're mocking the equivalent of 15 coaches from PNE visiting AG..? I'd say that's more than respectable.

I don't think anyone's mocking PNE or it's fans, the replies indicate quite the opposite - lots of respect shown for the club and for a reasonable following.

Ted might wish to reconsider his initial post in light of the replies and the very different circumstances surrounding the visits of Blackpool and PNE.

Other than that it's matchday and 750 enthusiastic away fans are more than enough to make a lot of noise.

The onus now is on City fans to make sure they're drowned out.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think anyone's mocking PNE or it's fans, the replies indicate quite the opposite - lots of respect shown for the club and for a reasonable following.

Ted might wish to reconsider his initial post in light of the replies and the very different circumstances surrounding the visits of Blackpool and PNE.

Other than that it's matchday and 750 enthusiastic away fans are more than enough to make a lot of noise.

The onus now is on City fans to make sure they're drowned out.

I bet the Preston fans haven't passed 15 coaches going North bound towards Hartlepool?

15 hours ago, Calculus said:

Then again, Preston isn't exactly the garden spot of the North West whereas Bristol is a great weekend.

(That's a very polite version of my first thought). 

Lots of interesting things in Preston - eg the British Commercial Vehicle Museum. What more could you want for a pre-match extravaganza? 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Lots of interesting things in Preston - eg the British Commercial Vehicle Museum. What more could you want for a pre-match extravaganza? 

True, and isn't fhe FA museum somewhere thereabouts?

Lake District is also within easy access - always good for a few days hiking and drinking.

That said, the city of Preston is a bit of a dump. Used to stay at a hotel near the bus station on business. Now that was an experience. Quite of few of the local lovelies would turn up playing their trade, as it were. Much better to go to the Tickled Trout just off the M6.

6 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

How many do Reading normally bring to Ashton Gate

About a thousand.

Edit: I think they bought maybe 1500 for the last game of 18/19? Season before they had about a thousand for the Boxing Day game and tbf, I didn’t go to the home game in 19/20.

Was thinking the complete opposite to the title, 700 great effort for a team with an average start, travelling 200 miles who have played us loads of times.

Rubbish comparison with Blackpool and their completely different situation, and as said probably 100 or 200 more than we'd have up their same date.

Archived