IGNORED

Print at home tickets

Hartleysbeard

10 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Yep, I've done this and it normally works. The scanner can be temperamental but if this happens just show the steward the barcode and they'll let you in

Thank you so much. Just seemed unnecessary to have to print it. And the physical ticket printed at home is not quite the keepsake that proper tickets were! 

1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Thank you so much. Just seemed unnecessary to have to print it. And the physical ticket printed at home is not quite the keepsake that proper tickets were! 

That last sentence is so right!!! Bit off topic but I loved physical gig tickets as mementos!! I so lament the loss of Bristol Ticket Shop - it's all bland barcodes email rubbish now!!

1 hour ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

That last sentence is so right!!! Bit off topic but I loved physical gig tickets as mementos!! I so lament the loss of Bristol Ticket Shop - it's all bland barcodes email rubbish now!!

The most recent gig I went to issued proper tickets but they’re all rather generic now. I have loads of ones from the 90s that are full of colour. 

13 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

No trouble at all using the e-tickets today; can’t see how that could cause any delay to entry compared to printed ones. 

Lucky you. The link to mine in IOS wouldn’t work so I had queue at the ticket office. Woman who served me said a few people had the same issue today. Bit annoying, could only manage 1 pre match pint instead of 2 ?

8 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Lucky you. The link to mine in IOS wouldn’t work so I had queue at the ticket office. Woman who served me said a few people had the same issue today. Bit annoying, could only manage 1 pre match pint instead of 2 ?

That’s annoying. I made sure the attachments were downloaded before leaving home as find the 4G or stadium WiFi unreliable (overloaded). Another way to overcome this issue in future would be to screenshot your tickets (at least just the barcode bit) so it’s there ready to go in your photos. 

On 10/09/2021 at 19:48, Genghis Khan's pants said:

I second that! The physical ticket is a representation of your affiliation to club and it serves to re enforce loyalty ‘and’, frequency of attendance IMHO.

Modernity has served up a bland, emotionless and purely ‘transactional’ experience which in my opinion is the complete opposite of the character and make up of footballs roots, considering it’s humble beginnings .

Does it make the club’s processing more efficient? Yes of course. I call it the McDonald’s ‘isation’ effect.

I will always cherish my childhood memories Ashton gate of the 80’s and 90’s. ?

Archived