IGNORED

The Claverham gimp is back

Lanterne Rouge

Sorry a late thread reply. My sister lives in Claverham and when I saw the headline that the "Somerset Gimp" (Thanks Daily Mail, hes a whole of the county of Somerset terror) could be back, I forwarded it to my sister and she was like "Hes spotted most nights, dont worry about it, we have a few weird people here"

I then left it as, hey, shes the one who lives there and Claverham isnt exactly a bustling village, more like a sleepy hollow. Any whiff of anything and everyone there will know about it.

So while I never asked/queried it any further because my sister usually knows everything that happens there before I do anyway, it left me thinking 3 things:

1: He never went away, the media got bored.

2: Because of Covid-19 he stopped for a while but now back.

3: Possibly because of option 1 (Maybe 2) it was a very slow news day and someone somewhere caught wind of the latest sighting and decide to run it national press to fill the gaps.

He's the unofficial "most wanted" by local police at the moment from what I heard. He's been caught doing things more sinister (looking through people's windows etc), but always managed to slip off into the night before police are on scene. 

These things can escalate and should be taken very seriously

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

He's the unofficial "most wanted" by local police at the moment from what I heard. He's been caught doing things more sinister (looking through people's windows etc), but always managed to slip off into the night before police are on scene. 

These things can escalate and should be taken very seriously

Definitely. All of this must be very traumatic for the people affected by it but there is a real concern that sometimes people start with so-called "low level" offences and then move onto things that are much worse. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Definitely. All of this must be very traumatic for the people affected by it but there is a real concern that sometimes people start with so-called "low level" offences and then move onto things that are much worse. 

I quite often run down the claverham road in the evening after work and there's a fair few nooks and crannies which I now think twice about when going by, more so in the winter when it's dark.

I'm sure women would feel a lot more uneasy than me, so it would be a relief for the community when/if he is caught...which will hopefully be soon. 

• Like 1

• Admin

POLICE have made an arrest after a man wearing latex jumped out in front of a car in a village near Weston-super-Mare.

A man is currently in police custody after being arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance following the incident in Bleadon overnight Monday into Tuesday, May 8-9).

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesperson said a member of the pubic called the force at 12.07am today to report a man in latex gear had jumped out in front of her vehicle on Accommodation Road.

Officers arrived at the scene three minutes after the call was received and located and detained a man aged in his 30s nearby.

The man has previously been arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance in relation to incidents in the Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton areas in October last year.

He remains under investigation for these incidents.

Inspector Graeme Hall, of the neighbourhood policing team, said: “We understand this latest incident may cause the community some concern.

“We took this morning’s report extremely seriously and had officers on the scene within minutes which ultimately led to the arrest being made.

“To reassure the community, we will be carrying out extra patrols in the Bleadon area and anyone concerned about this, or any other incident, is encouraged to speak to an officer.”

TAKEN FROM: Arrest after man in latex jumps in front of car in Bleadon | Weston Mercury (thewestonmercury.co.uk)

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Strange behaviour and could well frighten the shit out of some people. Hope they’ve got their man . 

I was surprised in the report above that it said that they had already got someone.

I must admit I don't remember hearing that report

• Like 1

Me and my missus were on the way home from the cinema late one night and we parked up on a street and we’re sat in the car for a few minutes, out of the corner of my eye I see a guy leaving a park naked but holding a coat in front of his bits.

We watch him walk down a couple of houses and then stand in front of the window exposing himself to those inside. We heard quite a few screams and saw him run off back down to the park.

About 5 minutes later he sneaks back round and looks to do the same thing but as he gets to the driveway 3 or 4 young girls (probably 11 or 12) come running out and throwing stones at him.

Now we realise he’s exposing himself to underage teens I jump out the car to chase him but he spotted me earlier than I thought he would and gets into the park and I couldn’t see where he went.

The girls found it funny, and at the time when we first saw him we did laugh, but in hindsight I wish I’d caught him for the police to deal with. God knows what he could be capable of.