IGNORED

Preston North End at home - match day thread

Just now, BcfcRed3 said:

You happy with that result are you?

I'm not going to cry my eyes out over it on here that's for sure. Never happy with a draw or defeat at home but as I said earlier Nige has a big rebuild on his hands and we will have bad days (Middlesbrough), good days (Cardiff) and bang average days (today). Which is pretty much reflected in our record of won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 so far. I'm not over the moon about it but not being a whining little bastard about it either.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A point is a point,it’s all about survival this season and picking up points when not playing well will see us fine 

I don't think it's about survival, we should be too good to go down.

I think it's about progression. About turning some more home games into wins, like this. About playing better football than the last 2 years, which by and large we have done this season. 

I'm not expecting a top 6 finish, but do hope to see more home wins so a point against Preston is a tad disappointing. Hopefully we can beat Luton and get this duck off our back. 

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Showing some fighting qualities to come from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Blackburn. Bit of a bogey side for us in recent years.

Think they comfortably beat us last season didn’t they. Still, we need a home win - 4 points from any set of two games is good return, but if we take 2, or 1, then it’s pretty poor really.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

I think it's about progression. About turning some more home games into wins, like this. About playing better football than the last 2 years, which by and large we have done this season. 

I'm not expecting a top 6 finish, but do hope to see more home wins so a point against Preston is a tad disappointing. Hopefully we can beat Luton and get this duck off our back. 

Are we a better side than Preston,because we haven’t been for years 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

It's about patience imo then progression and you can see from some (definitely not all that's for sure) of the football we are playing that we are heading in some sort of direction now. The mess we were in at the end of last season can't be completely turned round in a few weeks of football.