IGNORED

Preston North End at home - match day thread

Just now, Super said:

Grim stuff.  They had enough chances to have won. Didn't get team selection and changes were bizarre as well.

Agree. Imo Pearson got it wrong today. Playing same team because they done well two weeks ago in a completely different type of match which was also away. Sure clean sheet and all that but you could feel it in the crowd that we haven’t won at home in months. Semenyo and Dasilva from start I’d have done but oh well. Was not a disaster but probably lucky with the point

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It was a very tough game. Preston were very sharp and strong defensively, very compact. I think Weimann and Martin have been class so far this season but not too much of a problem today for the Preston defence.

I think tactically they were causing us problems. I still feel that Massengo central with Semenyo wide right might give us a bit more mobility in both areas of the pitch. But also Scott already looks so good, I was disappointed not to see him come on last 20.

Wells did well though wide left. Forced some corners and gave us some fresh legs and pace. Pring's legs seem to go after an hour or so.

I actually thought it was an entertaining 0-0. Probably a fair result, maybe they edged it. I thought Swansea game was a better performance but I think Preston are the more difficult team to play against.

Decent assessment of the game. You can spot the posters who think longer term and those who literally judge us a Brilliant or Absolute Shite from week to week depending on the result.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree. Imo Pearson got it wrong today. Playing same team because they done well two weeks ago in a completely different type of match which was also away. Sure clean sheet and all that but you could feel it in the crowd that we haven’t won at home in months. Semenyo and Dasilva from start I’d have done but oh well. Was not a disaster but probably lucky with the point

Wouldn’t people have thought it bit odd if he’d left out Baker or Pring and Massengo or Weimann? 

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Fair enough. Depressing how far we've sunk in about three seasons though

That's why we have to be patient. You've grasped it, where we are now has taken three years of good, solid incompetence at management level plus a big dash of inaction at Owner level to manufacture and it doesn't get turned round over a couple of months.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

From the little that my Robins TV connection let me see, we played pretty agricultural football and underperformed across the park.

People talking about whether it's a good result, but performance wise, was it not the first game that we were clearly second best in this season?

9 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Said the man who probably didn’t have that view when we played Cardiff.  Lots of forum melting going on this afternoon

I don't give a **** about Cardiff I've travelled the length and breadth if this island watching City. Out home record is horrific if it wasn't for an incredibly wasteful Preston team that would be another dog shit home performance to chalk of the massive list.

If you're happy with this then fine, I want better. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mozo said:

From the little that my Robins TV connection let me see, we played pretty agricultural football and underperformed across the park.

People talking about whether it's a good result, but performance wise, was it not the first game that we were clearly second best in this season?

Not sure we were clearly second best, but agree we weren’t great. Season to date has middle 8, maybe lower middle 8 rather than upper admittedly, written all over it. Nowhere near top end performances, but hardly clear relegation fodder either. As others have said, coming from where we’ve come from, that’s relative progress, even if the absolute outcome isn’t what we’re after. 

• Like 1

Felt a winnable game before kick off, but one of our more disappointing performances so far this season IMO.

Seemed a real lack of quality from both teams at times. Thought we looked rather blunt going forward and a bit more leaky at the back than I'd have liked.

Suppose we were always going to have a few games like that this season. No disaster, but a bit underwhelming.

On a positive note - Massengo looked excellent again.

• Like 2