IGNORED

Rating from today (where 6 is decent display)

old_eastender

Bentley - 7 - Good early save when McGuire played in by DJ. Looked assured throughout.

Vyner - 6 - Nowhere to be seen a few times leaving HNM to fill in the RB position, but one really good saving tackle in 2nd half when 1 on 1.

Atkinson & Kallas - 6 - OK, caught a bit flat footed by Daniel Johnson's passes a few times though.

Baker - 5 - Just not really a LB, defending OK but getting forward offered little.

King & James - 6 - worked hard.

Pring - 7 - Was a threat, would have been even more so if supported by JD, surprised to see him taken off in preference to Baker coming off.

HNM - 8 - MotM for us, calm and composed, covered loads of ground & tried to get us going offensively, had a great shot tipped over. 

Weimann - 6 - OK, given only scraps to feed off by Martin.

Martin - 4 - Poor, didn't win many headers and gave the ball away cheaply with loose passes when he did. Too slow to get on the end of the 1-2 with Weimann. Did hit a decent FK 2nd half.

JD - 6  -Did well when he came on, should have started in place of Baker for me.

Semenyo - 5 - One little run, but made little impact.

Wells - 6 - Worked on and won a couple of corners when belatedly bought on.

Overall PNE created the best 4 chances and we are lucky they did not have a finisher. So 0-0 ok result.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Bentley - 7 - Good early save when McGuire played in by DJ. Looked assured throughout.

Vyner - 6 - Nowhere to be seen a few times leaving HNM to fill in the RB position, but one really good saving tackle in 2nd half when 1 on 1.

Atkinson & Kallas - 6 - OK, caught a bit flat footed by Daniel Johnson's passes a few times though.

Baker - 5 - Just not really a LB, defending OK but getting forward offered little.

Pring - 7 - Was a threat, would have been even more so if supported by JD, surprised to see him taken off in preference to Baker coming off.

HNM - 8 - MotM for us, calm and composed, covered loads of ground & tried to get us going offensively, had a great shot tipped over. 

Martin - 4 - Poor, didn't win many headers and gave the ball away cheaply with loose passes when he did. Too slow to get on the end of the 1-2 with Weimann. Did hit a decent FK 2nd half.

JD - 6  -Did well when he came on, should have started in place of Baker for me.

Overall PNE created the best 4 chances and we are lucky they did not have a finisher. So 0-0 ok result.

Agree with that other than Pring as thought he really struggled to make an impact going forward and was largely bossed by van den berg. Also looked very tired from around the hour mark

Interesting views on Martin

As bad as a 4 as good as a 7

The only problem with ratings post on otib is

Lots of posters marks are more about how much they like/dislike a player than how well a player plays

ie Opening poster (I dont like martin so even if he get a hat trick and 3 assists i will only mark him a 6)

I’m not going to give scores, just comments.

Bentley did what he had to do. Vyner, nor Simpson for that matter, look like convincing full backs. Neither are an improvement over Hunt from last season. He wasn’t fantastic but he did provide some attacking support. Although Baker is a central defender playing at full back he probably provided more attacking play than Dasilva has in recent matches. Atkinson and Kalas look good when facing the play but both were slow on the turn today and were often caught out when Preston played through balls on the ground. James and King, steady but the game often passed them by. Weimann and Martin ran around a bit but neither looked like scoring. Massengo - Motm. Subs did nothing much to enhance their reputation though Wells was only on the pitch for about 10 minutes. 

It looked like a game between two teams who are going to finish just below mid table 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bentley 7, Vyner 6, Kalas 7 Atkinson 8, Baker 6, Massengo 8, James 6, King 6, Pring 6, Martin 7, Weimann 6.

Subs not long enough but all give us a spark & will think they will be in with a shout of starting v Luton.

Pretty close to mine..

Bents a 6 for me.  Good brave save early on, but his positioning on their through balls was terrible.  He retreats as first instinct.  Two through balls should’ve been dealt with by Bents easily, but he back-pedalled abd it then became a foot race, once Vyner saved him, the other might’ve been Atkinson.

Thought Vyner sneaked a 7.  James maybe a 5 because of his set pieces.  I’ve never seen Chris Martin run channels like he did today….slow start from him, but excellent second half.

I would say pretty much everybody a 6, didn't think there were many stand outs good or bad...

Maybe a Massengo 7 and King 5.5 but felt everybody seemingly did ok today.

As a side I think we are a lot more organised than last year but was slightly concerned about how easy Preston got in behind at times.

I thought they seemed really slow at the back and would have been great to get at them more, desperately missing an extra bit of pace!

42 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Interesting views on Martin

As bad as a 4 as good as a 7

The only problem with ratings post on otib is

Lots of posters marks are more about how much they like/dislike a player than how well a player plays

ie Opening poster (I dont like martin so even if he get a hat trick and 3 assists i will only mark him a 6)

Thought Martin ran the channels well and an overall good job, at least a 6

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Fair Assessment of the game didnt think king done much No width desperately need a wideman and strikers could have played all day without hitting the net .

Robins TV Listen Live: 2. Sometimes the home games' Saturday  broadcast start at 2pm. Today started later. It then crashed with 2 minutes to go in the first half. It did make a reappearance 2 mins from the full time whistle.

Supporter Service@ Bristol Sport: 0

Whoever is in charge of broadcast issues needs to be sent to watch all gas home games as punishment. You can't phone any more and you don't even get a computer generated email to say they will respond. If Steve Lansdown reads this, how would you feel if someone notifies your financial services company of an issue and you can't even respond? Pathetic customer service. 

Archived