IGNORED

Team Vs Luton

liamhealeybcfc96

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think NP can justify a bit of rotation now.

Maybe move Massengo back to the centre to replace King and bring Scott in. Then bring DaSilva back in for Baker? 

I think your suggestion will be popular amongst many on here….I don’t disagree either.

My only thought is whether Semenyo has pushed himself in front of Scott, now he’s back from injury?  His sub appearances seem to suggest so.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think your suggestion will be popular amongst many on here….I don’t disagree either.

My only thought is whether Semenyo has pushed himself in front of Scott, now he’s back from injury?  His sub appearances seem to suggest so.

Personally prefer Semenyo as an impact sub IF we need him. 
I’d like to see JD in for Baker, and Pring/JD down the left as per Reading away. 

Have a feeling Wells might have an opportunity vs Luton tho, so maybe a shift to 4-3-3

It’s a tough one as much as I’d like to see Dasilva come in to replace Baker, we kept our first clean sheet of the season so is it wise to change the back four? 

I’d also like to see HNM moved inside in a more central role but again, he has a great game yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Dasilva in for Pring, and Bakinson in for King, against his old club.

I got worried when Bakinson is on field. Defensive he often gives the ball away and the other team score or get a good chance. He is a good player with feeling in his feet, If he can learn the defensive he Will be a good player I think. Taylor knows the game and at the moment I prefer Taylor. Maybe Dasilva starts but i Think Pring has Done well so far. Wells from start would not surprise me. COYR

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah good shout ? I like a confident Semenyo.

26 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

I got worried when Bakinson is on field. Defensive he often gives the ball away and the other team score or get a good chance. He is a good player with feeling in his feet, If he can learn the defensive he Will be a good player I think. Taylor knows the game and at the moment I prefer Taylor. Maybe Dasilva starts but i Think Pring has Done well so far. Wells from start would not surprise me. COYR

Sorry, but who is Taylor?

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d pick Semenyo.

We lack natural width, though Pring has done well & if as I expect, HNM moves into the middle & King drops out, I’d play him before Scott.

Unless Dasilva replaces Baker that might be the only change, though.

Possibly in a minority of one, but would consider going unchanged other than Scott for Massengo. Massengo has done most things right, but not convinced by shuffling our best players around the pitch just because they’re playing well and remain unconvinced by his positional play (everything else great).

Thought King was alright yesterday, James wasn’t, but has been brilliant all season, so forgiven. Biggest change we’ve seen this season is having two in central midfield who have the nous to not get overrun. Think we could do with Scott at home to unlock defences. I’m not so worried about pace at home as opponents will sit back, so more about playing through rather than on the break. 

Definitely suggesting Massengo is changed for tactical reasons, not dropped for performance reasons. Would have him back in for QPR. 

Fine with the left hand side, despite being at home think we need to persist with the positive changes we’re seeing this season (solidity) and make tweaks, rather than go full Peterborough. May not be thrill a minute, but for now, let’s keep building gradually from the foundations. 

38 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Possibly in a minority of one, but would consider going unchanged other than Scott for Massengo. Massengo has done most things right, but not convinced by shuffling our best players around the pitch just because they’re playing well and remain unconvinced by his positional play (everything else great).

Thought King was alright yesterday, James wasn’t, but has been brilliant all season, so forgiven. Biggest change we’ve seen this season is having two in central midfield who have the nous to not get overrun. Think we could do with Scott at home to unlock defences. I’m not so worried about pace at home as opponents will sit back, so more about playing through rather than on the break. 

Definitely suggesting Massengo is changed for tactical reasons, not dropped for performance reasons. Would have him back in for QPR. 

Fine with the left hand side, despite being at home think we need to persist with the positive changes we’re seeing this season (solidity) and make tweaks, rather than go full Peterborough. May not be thrill a minute, but for now, let’s keep building gradually from the foundations. 

Lot of sense there S&C. ??????

I think we missed a bit of Scott guile and craft in the final third yesterday.  I think he’s proved he can handle the speed and physicality of the Championship, and I think he’s tactically astute to carry out the team plan.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Lot of sense there S&C. ??????

I think we missed a bit of Scott guile and craft in the final third yesterday.  I think he’s proved he can handle the speed and physicality of the Championship, and I think he’s tactically astute to carry out the team plan.

I'd be very happy with a season in which Scott and Semenyo battle for the wide right role. Massengo only an option for me in that position when we are in stifle mode.

Regarding Massengo, Scott and Semenyo, I think it depends what we want to do plus how many games King can play in a week after a year of little football.

If the club are confident King can perform again against Luton and against QPR on Saturday without too much taken out of him, I’d keep King and James in the middle. Otherwise I’d go Massengo and James.

Then-  in terms of whether it is Semenyo or Scott who comes in - it comes down to whether we want more width on the right or whether we want to persist with a right midfielder who drifts inside.  Neither is the “wrong” answer but we’ll get a different shape either way.

I cannot decide on Baker and Dasilva. I think Dasilva gives us more width but Luton could try to bully us a bit and Baker might be the right option in that case, with Dasilva deployed on Saturday.

I’d not make changes anywhere else.

NP can do what he wants and indeed he will do. I am loving the optimism that has run strong through this forum since NP arrived despite the worst run imaginable (at home). And now for Luton, he is excused and even encouraged to 'rotate' 2,3,4 players; many people came on here in the past 5 years and made comments like "the coach doesnt know his best 11" when rotation was a policy. I love it, absolutley love it;

Keep up the Nige optimism and see ya'll on Wednesday for another exciting episode of New Found Optimism.

We need to find a way of getting some more threat into our attacking game at home. (Teams sit in and obviously we struggle to create clear chances.) The problem, of course, is: would this make us more vulnerable at the other end.
I like Semenyo. He offers something we don’t currently have in the starting eleven. But where does he fit? If Massengo moves to the middle, it leaves us a bit more vulnerable down our right. 
My hunch is that Luton are currently a bit more effective than Blackpool, Swansea and Preston.

15 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

NP can do what he wants and indeed he will do. I am loving the optimism that has run strong through this forum since NP arrived despite the worst run imaginable (at home). And now for Luton, he is excused and even encouraged to 'rotate' 2,3,4 players; many people came on here in the past 5 years and made comments like "the coach doesnt know his best 11" when rotation was a policy. I love it, absolutley love it;

Keep up the Nige optimism and see ya'll on Wednesday for another exciting episode of New Found Optimism.

Very easy - Nige gives confidence he knows what he's doing - the evidence is there for all to see - and the players play as if they know exactly what's expected of them as individuals and a team too.

LJ just blathered, tediously and egotistically, and chopped and changed his huge and expensively assembled squad hoping to strike lucky.

Which he did, once or twice.

Most fans saw through him eventually, although it took some a lot longer than others.

Btw, we've had a very poor home record for several years, it's not a new thing.

All power to Nige, by far the most competent manager we've had for many years.

40 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You mistake people’s optimism for reality of the Championship.  You see posters being able to “handle” not winning as optimism.  But you are completely ignoring the starting point.  In your world, surely Fulham should sack Silva because they lost to Blackpool yesterday. How did we only manage a draw against Blackpool, they’re crap!!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

What genuinely are your expectations for City this season?  To start with, just a simple what position do you think we will finish under Nige?  Then perhaps add in what position you think we should finish with the squad we have.  Subtly different questions..

I really don’t understand your viewpoint, answering the above might help me.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not sure about Dasilva for Baker, Dasilva has been poor defensively this year and looks too small, he is OK going forward, but would rather have Pring / Callum

I think it’s slightly premature to judge him on this season. He has only made four starts after a year out with serious injury. And it is only one of those that he really had a bad game. He’s certainly yet to recapture his best form but that is not unusual after serious injury. I’d have no problem at all with him starting if NP chooses to pick him. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Interesting stuff. Optimism is rooted in something to get excited about. For my tuppence, we have got shot of much of what can only be described as the deadwood from the LJ period. 

We are now playing players that have come through our academy such as Scott Pring Janneh Conway etc etc. we have a defense that is by and large solid and we have bought in a right back and center back at a very young age one of whom is starting. 

Rotation particularly under LJ was a a factor of constant change of tactics and the man himself constantly pitting his witts against the opposite manager, eventually disappearing up his own ass. I always remember a bloke tweeted into Twentyman with the words GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF EINSTEIN LEE. LJ managed to confuse everyone, supporters, players, journos himself alike and SL had to back his man that he so publicly installed. Thus we were all screwed due to not sticking to a style or believing in a way WE played. It was all about the opposition, money to throw away and the blind backing of a billionaire family. 

Fast forward to Holden. God knows how he got the job, but I am led to believe there was way more than met the eye…Could SL JL and Ashton be that effing stupid? But there we are! Holden had a squad what we now know was full of unfit overpaid FOOTBALLERS some of whom knew that they were not getting another contract or just by and large did not care. The effing nonsense around Diehdou and bloody Walsh made it worse and Holden was left bigging up a team that after five games was poor and was the worst team in the league by October by any measure, real or anecdotal. 

Fast forward then to now. Pearson had a free hit when he came in as clearly we were very unlikely to get relegated and  took his time to flush out what he didnt want and keep what he needed. We have brought in three solid players all of which was partly to reinstill a work ethic and team process. (Two of which have Premier League Championship medals) and we look like our players care. A sight we have not seen since our very own conference manager was in charge!

Will we be top six competitive? I'm not sure, ask me in January, but do we have hope for this season and the future, oh god yes! Because the bloke actually has a method, a plan, a process, a medical team that are not C>>ts and a squad that know what is expected and know the consequences of not doing what they are told on and off the field….Optimism oh yeah….We have all earned the right to a bit of that!!

I just hope the only time we see Baker at left back again is in a real emergency. If we are going to persevere with 4232/433 we need full backs comfortable with bringing the ball out and offer some attacking attempt- being able to generally pass the ball to another City player would be a start ?  Hes a great centre back but not a full back! 

Archived