IGNORED

In Nige we trust

petehinton

Stan’s camping in the wilderness this weekend, so OSIB #168 has me hosting, joined by Dave and Harry to discuss the Preston game.  

Was 0-0 a point gained or two lost? Are we behind the Pearson bus? Can Chris Martin become the new Beckham?

links to listen in all the usual places - feedback and opinions welcome as ever 

https://linktr.ee/osibpodcast x 

Just now, petehinton said:

Stan’s camping in the wilderness this weekend, so OSIB #168 has me hosting, joined by Dave and Harry to discuss the Preston game.  

Was 0-0 a point gained or two lost? Are we behind the Pearson bus? Can Chris Martin become the new Beckham?

links to listen in all the usual places - feedback and opinions welcome as ever 

https://linktr.ee/osibpodcast x 

Looking forward to listening tomorrow.

I’m on the Pearson train!

What’s interesting with Pearson, and I believe he’s openly spoken in these terms, is the emphasis on unity - club, management, players, fans. The idea that once you get everyone pulling in the same direction good things will follow.

Watching yesterday we started a lot slower than vs Swansea, for example. Whereas under previous regimes my mind may have wandered to lacking motivation, players not clear on tactics etc, rightly or wrongly, I put it down to instruction/the plan. That could be nonsense, clearly, I’m not (yet, anyway..) a Pearson walks on water disciple however you can see the improvements from last season and that optimism and hope can be infectious. We came out for the second half with much more intent, looked a lot more likely, and I thought he’s instructed them to up the tempo and they have..

Pearson has the record that as soon as you start to see shoots of life, and I think it’s very fair to say that’s what we are seeing, it’s very easy to believe in his methods. As soon as things started going south for Holden it was inevitable the mood would quickly shift, a shift it would be very difficult to recover from given his limited CV. Though there were good times and bad times under Johnson there was always an undercurrent of dislike/mistrust, likely because he should have been fired multiple times before he was. Cotterill and GJ were successful, that speaks for itself.

For the first time in a while, and of course there will always be dissenting voices, it feels as though en masse there is belief in the plan. We could have easily lost yesterday, we were fortunate to go in level and they had the best chance of the second half/match. But it feels as though the mood has changed. People like Pearson or, perhaps more importantly, want to like Pearson.

3 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Awful audio, it goes from hardly being  able to hear to blowing your ears off 

Hi Pete,

Eddie is correct, I know you had set up issues, but on the playback, one you is super loud and other two pretty faint, great show, but the differences in sound bad it a tough listen at times,  as you had to turn it up to hear some of it and down to stop the neighbors getting involved and adding to the list of people who felt HNM is playing well and contributing (I seem alone in thinking he means well, is a cracking tackler, but has a first touch like Fam and cannot pass to save his life and actually contributes little towards winning a game. ).... baa humbug and all that.

But you did a great job steering it all

Archived