IGNORED

Credit where due

cityloyal473

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

All stood up making an atmosphere as well , can’t help but think if that was us half our fans would be sat down quiet 

We are much better away than home IMO. But can you blame home atmosphere after not winning in 13 and having bad home form under LJ too?

On a side note Hughton surely does not have long left. 

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We are much better away than home IMO. But can you blame home atmosphere after not winning in 13 and having bad home form under LJ too?

On a side note Hughton surely does not have long left. 

Don’t think he has long left tbh , also I wasn’t on about our home atmosphere just that I was speaking to another city supporting friend today and we both said the last time we can remember our away fans all stood creating an atmosphere was Man City away . Even away at games like Cardiff loads of our fans sit down quiet.

29 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Don’t think he has long left tbh , also I wasn’t on about our home atmosphere just that I was speaking to another city supporting friend today and we both said the last time we can remember our away fans all stood creating an atmosphere was Man City away . Even away at games like Cardiff loads of our fans sit down quiet.

How about Reading a few weeks ago

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

All stood up making an atmosphere as well , can’t help but think if that was us half our fans would be sat down quiet 

Do you think old people shouldn't be allowed to go to away games? Or people with bad backs etc? If they can't stand up for a couple of hours they shouldn't be allowed to go?

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I wasn’t saying you weren’t aloud to sit down I was just stating the obvious by talking about why we have a worse atmosphere than a lot of other clubs in this league home and away

In all seriousness, maybe we are just culturally a more reserved population than others. Northern people, Welsh people, Cockney's all seem to be just louder people in general than we are. 

16 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I didn’t mean people like that , most of the ones sat down were teens to 30s 

When the camera panned over it was in fairness a lot of middle aged people and teens sat down in silence - beyond odd for a game against our biggest rivals at this level and arguably a bigger rival than our city neighbours.
It is what it is and something I’ve come to accept but our fans especially it seems the ‘’newer’’ type of fan that we now have following the club are a different breed to many of the northen clubs/ London clubs and the welsh clubs. It seems that many come to Ashton Gate and to away grounds actually waiting to be entertained and their level of vocal support hinges on that as opposed to coming to the ground looking to stand and sing and get behind the boys irrespective of how we are playing.

It has been said many times before on here but the Bristolian public are very apathetic in the way they follow football..

2 hours ago, bris red said:

When the camera panned over it was in fairness a lot of middle aged people and teens sat down in silence - beyond odd for a game against our biggest rivals at this level and arguably a bigger rival than our city neighbours.
It is what it is and something I’ve come to accept but our fans especially it seems the ‘’newer’’ type of fan that we now have following the club are a different breed to many of the northen clubs/ London clubs and the welsh clubs. It seems that many come to Ashton Gate and to away grounds actually waiting to be entertained and their level of vocal support hinges on that as opposed to coming to the ground looking to stand and sing and get behind the boys irrespective of how we are playing.

It has been said many times before on here but the Bristolian public are very apathetic in the way they follow football..

Yeh completely agree 

I just can’t understand young people sitting down in a car or public transport for hours sometimes just to get in the ground and sit down silent again 

8 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh completely agree 

I just can’t understand young people sitting down in a car or public transport for hours sometimes just to get in the ground and sit down silent again 

Cardiff stewards were making people sit down towards the front behind the goal. 

26 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

........but wasn't he the dogs bollox than a large majority on here wanted as our number one???

:dunno:

Was my no1 choice….don’t think what he’s done at Forest is a real indication of what he might’ve done here.  But had Nige been available last summer, he’d have been my no1.

30 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

........but wasn't he the dogs bollox than a large majority on here wanted as our number one???

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was my no1 choice….don’t think what he’s done at Forest is a real indication of what he might’ve done here.  But had Nige been available last summer, he’d have been my no1.

He was my first choice too second was Cook. I think that forest job is a one of the toughest in the league. Big expectations from fans and supposedly spend quite big too. 

On 12/09/2021 at 17:57, Red Shadow said:

Do you think old people shouldn't be allowed to go to away games? Or people with bad backs etc? If they can't stand up for a couple of hours they shouldn't be allowed to go?

Hell have had a bad back for 20+ years, but going to away games is what it is.

Went to Man City for the semi, i know every ones problems are different, standing i one spot for a time is a mare and had to have a few spells sat down,

But going away i know what to expect.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

He was my first choice too second was Cook. I think that forest job is a one of the toughest in the league. Big expectations from fans and supposedly spend quite big too. 

Joined Forest after the summer window closed too, which didn’t help (after Lamouchi was sacked).  But you’d have thought with two Windows , albeit finances constrained, he’d have done better.

His league record so far is:

image.png.92c32eb2a6048726bf288364fc92e333.png

Prior to our 0:0 draw last season his record was:

P36 W 12 D12 L12….and it looked like he had steadied the ship, but they had a poor end to the season and carried forward into this.

Archived