IGNORED

Atmosphere v results

The turtle

On 14/09/2021 at 15:37, Davefevs said:

My view is that when there’s something to shout about it feels great, but awfully quiet when it’s not.  I know that sounds obvious, but it feels like there needs to be a critical mass of people shouting for it to resonate throughout the ground.

I wish they’d turn down the pre-game music volume.  It think it stops any pre-game chanting.

When you stick your singing section into a corner where most clubs put away supporters

When you give the away fans a whole end

And when the songs our section sings are clever little compositions rather than simple chants that the whole ground can sing, we will never get a good atmosphere

In any other ground when Wiemann scores you would hear something like 

na na na, na na na, aaa Andy Weimann. The whole ground would join.

What do we get, clever little songs for Dasilva and Massengo because we like the song.

I wonder how the likes of Bentley, Scott or Martin feel when they star, and barely get a cheer.

For god sake get a good and simple song for each player and sing it to the roof tops.

• Like 4

On 14/09/2021 at 15:57, Robbored said:

Much of the lack of atmosphere at many games is due to location of the ‘singing section’ tucked away in the corner of the SS.

Other parts of the stadium often struggle to hear them. Certainly in the Dolman they’re pretty much inaudible and that must affect any creation of atmosphere.

Ideally the singing section should behind either goal, preferably the Atyeo where the away fans often make such a din but A&S police won’t allow it as they want the away fans to exit the stadium via the Winterstoke Rd.

If the singing section was in the middle of the South Stand far more people on each side would join in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

When you stick your singing section into a corner where most clubs put away supporters

When you give the away fans a whole end

And when the songs our section sings are clever little compositions rather than simple chants that the whole ground can sing, we will never get a good atmosphere

In any other ground when Wiemann scores you would hear something like 

na na na, na na na, aaa Andy Weimann. The whole ground would join.

What do we get, clever little songs for Dasilva and Massengo because we like the song.

I wonder how the likes of Bentley, Scott or Martin feel when they star, and barely get a cheer.

For god sake get a good and simple song for each player and sing it to the roof tops.

Which is why the Tom Thumb song was sung by everyone. Every fan knew it!
What you get today is tosh IMO. But hey, that’s progress?

• Like 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

If the singing section was in the middle of the South Stand far more people on each side would join in.

No proof that would be the case, why don't people either side of them now join in?

The simple answer is the vast majority that want to sing will be in S82 by now, the rest of the ground is those that are pretty meh about it

2 hours ago, phantom said:

No proof that would be the case, why don't people either side of them now join in?

The simple answer is the vast majority that want to sing will be in S82 by now, the rest of the ground is those that are pretty meh about it

I don't agree, I sit in the Dolman and there are plenty of people who like to sign when they know the song. It makes no sense to sing songs for DaSilva and Massengo when neither is playing very well but don't have a rousing song for Wiemann. I also don't find the Cardiff get battered song very motivational when we are playing someone else. Make it simple and well targeted and people will join in

Atmosphere is down all over the country and has been for years. I only go to about 4 or 5 away games a season but no home support ever stands out. The best and worst I have seen over the years was Wolves and they wom both times. If you have a scout about other clubs forums its the same conversation be had.

I find some people won't sing some of the songs because they are cringey, offensive or boring. The 'Red Army' chant seems to pick up really well at times on all sides, as does 'Come on you Reds!' but others fade I think because people don't know the words. 

We could do with having additional singing sections on the Dolman wing by the away fans at least and the old band in the Atyeo was great when I first started watching City. Can we get them back? 

Tom Thumb was started by Briz CSF. Early eighties you knew what was coming when it was heard the call for a mob about to go on one.

Any grounds with a good atmosphere have a singing section? Once your down that road its already lost. The singing section is a reason why Ashton Gates atmosphere is so poor.