IGNORED

Sound system again...........

Desso

I posted after the Swansea game that it sounded better, but on Saturday in the Dolman, it was back to normal....rubbish again. The club (Richard Gould) said he would do something about it, well let's hope it's not been forgotten.

Tin hat firmly on.

I came across the minutes of a FAN meeting online from 2016 recently, and amongst other things up for discussion was the quality of the sound system in the Dolman. The meeting was told that it was being looked into, but in the event of an emergency, to follow instructions on the big screens. that's over 5 years ago folks.

11 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I came across the minutes of a FAN meeting online from 2016 recently, and amongst other things up for discussion was the quality of the sound system in the Dolman. The meeting was told that it was being looked into, but in the event of an emergency, to follow instructions on the big screens. that's over 5 years ago folks.

That's ridiculous. Look at the money that's been spent since then. Surely a bit of it could have gone towards an upgrade. It's obvious now, that there is some mysterious reason why it's being ignored. Frustrating to say the least.                      

19 minutes ago, Desso said:

That's ridiculous. Look at the money that's been spent since then. Surely a bit of it could have gone towards an upgrade. It's obvious now, that there is some mysterious reason why it's being ignored. Frustrating to say the least.                      

Not just that I didn't here anything about a minutes silence either sat in the dolman until my boy told what it was for.. Going by the reaction of the crowd they didnt here the tannoy either so what bloody chance have we in a emergency?.. The entire system is S***.

https://illuminated-integration.com/blog/tips-improving-stadium-acoustics/

This will give you some insight on how sound works..I've said In previous posts it's about acoustics and pressure or how sound travels.Im not sure the redevelopment has helped this but if you go by the way the dolman is designed then I think they have some thinking to do.

I personally think the dolman has a problem when fans fill the stand when its near enough empty the sound can travel when the stand fills up it becomes muffled.Yes bad quality equipment doesn't help either.

So In all I think they have far bit of money to spend to get it right,Or they are waiting for the atyeo to be developed to move this forward.

1 hour ago, Desso said:

I posted after the Swansea game that it sounded better, but on Saturday in the Dolman, it was back to normal....rubbish again. The club (Richard Gould) said he would do something about it, well let's hope it's not been forgotten.

Tin hat firmly on.

I gave up trying to get anywhere ages ago with the hopeless MKelly with the muffled sound system in the Dolman and emailed RG directly on the matter.

Much to my surprise he replied almost immediately……………..:shocking:

The bottom line is that microphone they use is hopeless and that will be improved/upgraded but that to replace the sound system within the Dolman would be “very expensive”

At the two home games since emailing RG nothing has changed,  it’s still muffled and virtually inaudible so if the microphone has been upgraded - it clearly hasn’t worked,

If it’s the same against Luton tomorrow I’ll email RG again 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up trying to get anywhere ages ago with the hopeless MKelly with the muffled sound system in the Dolman and emailed RG directly on the matter.

The bottom line is that microphone they use is hopeless and that will be improved/upgraded but that to replace the sound system within the Dolman would be “very expensive”

At the two home games since emailing RG nothing has changed,  it’s still muffled an virtually inaudible so if the microphone has been upgraded - it clearly hasn’t worked,

It's needs more than a microphone upgrade and a adjustment of volume that isn't the issue if they think that they are fools ..The stadium could be the issue In the way sound travels(Bad acoustic design) Could be the materials used in the structure of the stands or could be the entire system set up and just isn't good enough but it needs seriously looking at.

45 minutes ago, Street red said:

Not just that I didn't here anything about a minutes silence either sat in the dolman until my boy told what it was for.. Going by the reaction of the crowd they didnt here the tannoy either so what bloody chance have we in a emergency?.. The entire system is S***.

I didn’t hear any announcement for a minutes silence, and a few people around me in the Lansdown didn’t either.

• SC&T Board Members
48 minutes ago, Street red said:

That wasn't down to the sound system, but rather a failure of our PA man to introduce the minute's silence... just moments after he had incorrectly introduced highlights of the Cardiff game as a match played at AG. How could anyone with any interest in Bristol City make such a mistake?

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I didn’t hear any announcement for a minutes silence, and a few people around me in the Lansdown didn’t either.

I thought something was given out but I couldn't make out what It was or if it was even for that.

6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

That wasn't down to the sound system, but rather a failure of our PA man to introduce the minute's silence... just moments after he had incorrectly introduced highlights of the Cardiff game as a match played at AG. How could anyone with any interest in Bristol City make such a mistake?

I wasn't sure if was announced or not couldnt hear a bloody thing. You would of thought he would of knew we didn't play that game at the gate ? 

13 minutes ago, Street red said:

It's needs more than a microphone upgrade and a adjustment of volume that isn't the issue if they think that they are fools ..The stadium could be the issue In the way sound travels(Bad acoustic design) Could be the materials used in the structure of the stands or could be the entire system set up and just isn't good enough but it needs seriously looking at.

That’s something that despite several exchanges with MKelly never seemed to happen…………:dunno: and why I eventually went above his head and emailed Richard Gould - absolutely no point at all when Ashton was CEO, I wouldn’t have got a reply.

RGs response was essentially a stalling reply, which he acknowledged but hopefully he’s looked into how to remedy the issue - by now he’s had enough time to.

45 minutes ago, Desso said:

I don't know what we're moaning about really. As long as the Lansdown Stand (including the corporates) can hear it, why should they worry about us? 

It really isn’t any better in the Lansdown. Listening to the pre match interviews they use to do was an absolute waste of time. COYR 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s something that despite several exchanges with MKelly never seemed to happen…………:dunno: and why I eventually went above his head and emailed Richard Gould - absolutely no point at all when Ashton was CEO, I wouldn’t have got a reply.

RGs response was essentially a stalling reply, which he acknowledged but hopefully he’s looked into how to remedy the issue - by now he’s had enough time to.

It would be nice to know when the system is tested When its empty or when its full.. Because that makes a big difference. Maybe a question you could ask on your next communication with RG.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At the two home games since emailing RG nothing has changed,  it’s still muffled and virtually inaudible so if the microphone has been upgraded - it clearly hasn’t worked,

Are they using one like this? 

DF69A1C8-D4FD-4E1A-91A8-090DEA7A6BED.png

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Robbo, Lets Get it right you failed to meet Mark when he set a time for you before a game, so hold off on the insults? 

You could easily of met him outside of a game too, like myself and many others did during his time before he moved roles. 

If your going to put things about people being useless, at least put both sides of the story as you also firmly sit in that category by your actions.

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How have you been such a big boy, to go above MKelly when they are not contracted to the same company? You don’t have talk some absolute rubbish.

Richard Gould is the CEO of Bristol City Football Club, who do not own Ashton Gate. 

Mark Kelly is the MD of Ashton Gate limited, so when your nursing a hard on about going above Mark’s head, Richard will still need go to Mark anyway, exactly the same as the CEO of Bristol Bears would.

You are emailing a bloke that has no impact on the running of the stadium.

You really are comical. 

@Robbored

What’s laughable Robbo? Everything I’ve put there is correct, unless you would like to say otherwise? 

If your willing to call people useless and failed to turn up to meet them, at least put both sides of the story or have the ability to back yourself up.  

Hopefully Richard emails back stating he has taken it up with Ashton Gate Limited, aka Mark. 

51 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

How have you been such a big boy, to go above MKelly when they are not contracted to the same company? You don’t have talk some absolute rubbish.

Richard Gould is the CEO of Bristol City Football Club, who do not own Ashton Gate. 

Mark Kelly is the MD of Ashton Gate limited, so when your nursing a hard on about going above Mark’s head, Richard will still need go to Mark anyway, exactly the same as the CEO of Bristol Bears would.

You are emailing a bloke that has no impact on the running of the stadium.

You really are comical. 

I think you will find Mark Kelly is the comical one,The atmosphere at Ashton gate is shocking and the excuses you get come back are even more comical..

Just now, Street red said:

I think you will find Mark Kelly is the comical one,The atmosphere at Ashton gate is shocking and the excuses you get come back are even more comical..

What has Mark Kelly got to do with the atmosphere?

You want him down the front of the south stand urging the crowd on?

3 hours ago, Desso said:

My theory is they just expanded the system the already had pre redevelopment with the addition of extra speakers etc and now it’s at the point where the only improvement that can be made is to completely replace the entire setup.  To do that, I’d imagine it would run in to several hundred of thousands of pounds.. 

Just now, S25loyal said:

What has Mark Kelly got to do with the atmosphere?

You want him down the front of the south stand urging the crowd on?

The PA system is part of the atmosphere so yes Mark Kelly is part of that..It's a massive part of the matchday experience what's the point having a bloke pitch side speaking down a mic and also showing on big screen(With sound delay by the way) and nobody else being able to hear sod all.Mark Kelly is very much part of that it's his position to provide a matchday experience for everyone and currently its not. 

Archived