IGNORED

Sound system again...........

Desso

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

My theory is they just expanded the system the already had pre redevelopment with the addition of extra speakers etc and now it’s at the point where the only improvement that can be made is to completely replace the entire setup.  To do that, I’d imagine it would run in to several hundred of thousands of pounds.. 

It will cost alot and yes it will need a entire new system but I also believe the flat roof design of the dolman causes problems with sound.Yes they've basically just added on to previous system,They also added a new control unit a while back which makes no difference at all.

22 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

@Robbored

What’s laughable Robbo? Everything I’ve put there is correct, unless you would like to say otherwise? 

If your willing to call people useless and failed to turn up to meet them, at least put both sides of the story or have the ability to back yourself up.  

Hopefully Richard emails back stating he has taken it up with Ashton Gate Limited, aka Mark. 

The sound system is laughable S25 - but maybe you don’t agree? You do seem to have a beef about me complaining about it and trying to be proactive in getting the issue sorted.

Are you MKellys sibling?

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The sound system is laughable S25 - but maybe you don’t agree? You do seem to have a beef about me complaining about it and trying to be proactive in getting the issue sorted.

Are you MKellys sibling?

If you need a email from me to MK or RG I'm more than willing to give my views.. I know it's all down to cost but I'm not sure why this wasnt looked into with more detail when the stadium was redeveloped especially the dolman.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

My theory is they just expanded the system the already had pre redevelopment with the addition of extra speakers etc and now it’s at the point where the only improvement that can be made is to completely replace the entire setup.  To do that, I’d imagine it would run in to several hundred of thousands of pounds.. 

Tom, this is kind of correct. The Dolman is an incredibly hard stand to balance due to its open sides and height, we’ve tried numerous patches over the years to balance but it remains a challenge.   We are trying to find the right solution without it being abortive work.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Are you MKellys sibling?

We’ve never met.  Always happy to have a grown up chat and explain the technicalities should you turn up. Failing that, il PM you my number now and you can ask me direct
Mark 

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

Tom, this is kind of correct. The Dolman is an incredibly hard stand to balance due to its open sides and height, we’ve tried numerous patches over the years to balance but it remains a challenge.   We are trying to find the right solution without it being abortive work.

When the ground was designed for redevelopment was the acoustics (PA and fans) taken into account? Design of the roof materials etc?(All stands) I agree the dolman is a real issue but I'm not sure I agree when you say the sides I think you will find it's more to do with sound travel from the front of the roof to back. When the stand is full it traps and becomes muffled when the stand is near enough empty you can hear it far clearer ( South stand the same). That's the simple way of putting it, Also add to that seated at the front of the dolman and south stand far more clarity seated middle to top less so or nothing at all. Does the system get tested on matchdays? And who advised you( Bristol sport) that the system of Ashton gate stadium is the perfect system for Ashton gates design? 

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

I sit in the South Stand and the tannoy there isn’t brilliant - the music comes out loud and clear but it’s very hard to hear what’s being said when someone is talking. 

It’s exactly the same in the Dolman and has been since the competition of the redevelopment.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Just out of interest what are people worried about not hearing? 

It’s true that, after years of it being so crap, I’ve got used to the fact that I won’t hear anything properly and, for the few important things (team, subs, goalscorers) look elsewhere.

But what really annoyed me earlier this season was not having a clue what was going on with the Terry Cooper event - and just before that being entirely unaware that we were being asked to recognise the efforts of the Vaccination staff at Ashton Gate.

And, despite what was said earlier, I’m pretty sure they don’t put any of the emergency announcements up on the screen. Obviously we haven’t had any real ones, so can’t comment on that, but they don’t put the pre match safety announcement up there, do they? And surely that’s unsafe in itself. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Are you MKellys sibling?

No, I agree it doesn’t sound amazing but personally it doesn’t impact me, if it was I would be happy to meet if it concerned me that much with the people/persons involved. 

By all means, complain about it properly and find out the reasons why, don’t carry on in the way same years after someone has offered to meet and explain it. 

At the moment, and across the years you haven’t complained about it properly, nor been proactive in sorting it. Sending a few emails, isn’t really being proactive or sorting it properly, go back 20 years would you be sending emails or having a phone call/meeting?

You are a grown man, with a mobile phone I imagine or a house phone if you still have one and the capability to meet someone face to face, I doubt you would call anyone useless to their face but feel the need to carry on after how many years? 

I can see Mark would have messaged you, meet up or at least have a phone call to explain it.

This shouldn’t just relate to with Mark, but with anyone in life, you have constant history of being rude to people on this forum. It’s easy to hide behind a screen, but as you recall from your Gary Johnson meetings it isn’t so easy to be rude to people face to face. 

Social Media, including forums can have a big impact on how people feel, look at the love island contestant who is giving evidence to MPs at the moment. She is saying she has had death threats etc, being called fat, ugly etc, and it takes a massive toll on their well being.

You need to look at the bigger picture about how you talk about people or to people, even more when they have Been open in the past and made an effort to see you.

If you want to put a laughing emoji etc, then feel free as I think that proves what I am trying to say.

13 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Robbo, Lets Get it right you failed to meet Mark when he set a time for you before a game, so hold off on the insults? 

You could easily of met him outside of a game too, like myself and many others did during his time before he moved roles. 

If your going to put things about people being useless, at least put both sides of the story as you also firmly sit in that category by your actions.

Steady S25.... don't go posting the truth.... 

Mind you he has form for ignoring the truth.... much like he has never met Gary Johnson.... ?

Seeing as it annoys the protected one so much... I hope the club leave it as it is for the next 10 years..... 

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

No, I agree it doesn’t sound amazing but personally it doesn’t impact me, if it was I would be happy to meet if it concerned me that much with the people/persons involved. 

By all means, complain about it properly and find out the reasons why, don’t carry on in the way same years after someone has offered to meet and explain it.

You are a grown man, with a mobile phone I imagine or a house phone if you still have one and the capability to meet someone face to face, I doubt you would call anyone useless to their face but feel the need to carry on after how many years? 

I can see Mark would have messaged you, meet up or at least have a phone call to explain it.

It’s taken since the competition of the redevelopment until now to get the club to take the sound system seriously. The club has had plenty of time to improve the sound system but inertia has set in and it’s just as crap currently as it was since the revamp - before that I don’t recall any sound issues whatsoever.

As stadium manager I hold MKelly accountable for the lack of improvement - it’s his responsibility to ensure every aspect of the stadium including the sound system and he hasn’t done it.

I replied to his PM and suggested that he and RG visit the Dolman tonight to see for themselves just how muffled and inaudible the system is - I doubt RG will show up as CEO he has other commitments particularly on a matchday. Should MKelly show up I’ll talk to him then - along with the others around me.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

It’s true that, after years of it being so crap, I’ve got used to the fact that I won’t hear anything properly and, for the few important things (team, subs, goalscorers) look elsewhere.

But what really annoyed me earlier this season was not having a clue what was going on with the Terry Cooper event - and just before that being entirely unaware that we were being asked to recognise the efforts of the Vaccination staff at Ashton Gate.

And, despite what was said earlier, I’m pretty sure they don’t put any of the emergency announcements up on the screen. Obviously we haven’t had any real ones, so can’t comment on that, but they don’t put the pre match safety announcement up there, do they? And surely that’s unsafe in itself. 

Nobody seemed to have a clue what the minute silence was for at the weekend. I take it this was mentioned over the tannoy?

8 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Steady S25.... don't go posting the truth.... 

Mind you he has form for ignoring the truth.... much like he has never met Gary Johnson.... ?

Seeing as it annoys the protected one so much... I hope the club leave it as it is for the next 10 years..... 

Hello TM - haven’t see you on here for a while which is a shame as I quite miss your predictable aubergine emojis.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s taken since the competition of the redevelopment until now to get the club to take the sound system seriously. The club has had plenty of time to improve the sound system but inertia has set in and it’s just as crap currently as it was since the revamp - before that I don’t recall any sound issues whatsoever.

As stadium manager I hold MKelly accountable for the lack of improvement - it’s his responsibility to ensure every aspect of the stadium including the sound system and he hasn’t done it.

I replied to his PM and suggested that he and RG visit the Dolman tonight to see for themselves just how muffled and inaudible the system is - I doubt RG will show up as CEO he has other commitments particularly on a matchday. Should MKelly show up I’ll talk to him then - along with the others around me.

Think my points are being proven here  Robbo, even with someone giving you their phone number to call them, you still won’t. 

It’s obvious the Tannoy isn’t great, they are aware and changes have been tried etc. 

Something that could all be explained to you, if you actually had a face to face chat or a simple phone call. 

How can you hold someone accountable when you won’t even chat to them in a grown up manner? It really isn’t difficult, if I had a customer in my job acting like you have, refusing a phone call/meeting, I doubt I would be taking them seriously either.

15 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

That wasn't down to the sound system, but rather a failure of our PA man to introduce the minute's silence... just moments after he had incorrectly introduced highlights of the Cardiff game as a match played at AG. How could anyone with any interest in Bristol City make such a mistake?

Therein lies the issue sack the microphone and the **** holding it.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I did reply via a PM

@RedLionLad He hasn’t even got the decency, to give Mark a quick call so he can go through it all after calling him useless.

Rather expecting Mark to turn up to meet him, before a game (which Robbo failed to turn up to before), it’s obvious Mark is aware of an issue and has attempted to resolve. 

I doubt Mark can go into the ins and outs of the PA system, with 1000s of people around him trying to explain it to Robbo.

Welcome to Robbo’s world of being proactive and complaining. 

6 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

@RedLionLad He hasn’t even got the decency, to give Mark a quick call so he can go through it all after calling him useless.

Rather expecting Mark to turn up to meet him, before a game (which Robbo failed to turn up to before), it’s obvious Mark is aware of an issue and has attempted to resolve. 

I doubt Mark can go into the ins and outs of the PA system, with 1000s of people around him trying to explain it to Robbo.

Welcome to Robbo’s world of being proactive and complaining. 

It’s not up to me to phone a senior guy at AG. I’ve had discussions with MKelly previously - all to no avail. All I got was platitudes with no explanation as to why - hence me labelling him ‘hopeless’

Now, years later we’re seeing various explanations (or excuses if you prefer) as to why inertia has set in - all prompted my me slagging the guy off.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s not up to me to phone a senior guy at AG. I’ve had discussions with MKelly previously - all to no avail. All I got was platitudes with no explanation as to why - hence me labelling him ‘hopeless’

Now, years later we’re seeing various explanations (or excuses if you prefer) as to why inertia has set in - all prompted my me slagging the guy off.

I guess if someone in a high position at the club was expected to meet every supporter that wanted to meet them there would be a queue around the ground like the old ticket buying days

17 hours ago, Street red said:

The PA system is part of the atmosphere so yes Mark Kelly is part of that..It's a massive part of the matchday experience what's the point having a bloke pitch side speaking down a mic and also showing on big screen(With sound delay by the way) and nobody else being able to hear sod all.Mark Kelly is very much part of that it's his position to provide a matchday experience for everyone and currently its not. 

I have been lucky enough to go to Anfield quite a few times over the past five years - for both European and Prem games and have sat on every side of the ground - except the Kop.

The clarity of the guy who does their PA system is fantastic - and you hear the same voice booming out that you regularly hear on the TV when watching their games.

His scouse accent and even what he says definitely improves the atmosphere for any supporter.

Unfortunately our sound system isn’t a patch on Liverpool’s - and I’m afraid Downsey just doesn’t have the voice to make dramatic announcements.

A lot that could be done …..

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess if someone in a high position at the club was expected to meet every supporter that wanted to meet them there would be a queue around the ground like the old ticket buying days

Agreed, but this is something that irks a lot of supporters and has been going on for years without a satisfactory explanation. 

16 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for that Mark. I may have missed it in the past, but this is the first "official" explanation I've seen. Not much detail but better than nothing. I don't think that anyone would expect to have a top of the range Premier League system costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, but surely there are cheaper, more basic systems around. We just want to hear what is being announced. Not too much to ask surely.

Archived