IGNORED

Sound system again...........

Desso

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

Thanks for that Mark. I may have missed it in the past, but this is the first "official" explanation I've seen. Not much detail but better than nothing. I don't think that anyone would expect to have a top of the range Premier League system costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, but surely there are cheaper, more basic systems around. We just want to hear what is being announced. Not too much to ask surely.

Stick the announcer on the screens with subtitles in the meantime ?

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

I have been lucky enough to go to Anfield quite a few times over the past five years - for both European and Prem games and have sat on every side of the ground - except the Kop.

The clarity of the guy who does their PA system is fantastic - and you hear the same voice booming out that you regularly hear on the TV when watching their games.

His scouse accent and even what he says definitely improves the atmosphere for any supporter.

Unfortunately our sound system isn’t a patch on Liverpool’s - and I’m afraid Downsey just doesn’t have the voice to make dramatic announcements.

A lot that could be done …..

George Sephton, a bit of a club legend. Very much from the old school of announcers who'd just tell you what you need to know without going OTT.

5 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

I have been lucky enough to go to Anfield quite a few times over the past five years - for both European and Prem games and have sat on every side of the ground - except the Kop.

The clarity of the guy who does their PA system is fantastic - and you hear the same voice booming out that you regularly hear on the TV when watching their games.

His scouse accent and even what he says definitely improves the atmosphere for any supporter.

Unfortunately our sound system isn’t a patch on Liverpool’s - and I’m afraid Downsey just doesn’t have the voice to make dramatic announcements.

A lot that could be done …..

Can't believe it wasn't sorted in stadium redevelopment who builds a bigger ground and doesn't spend money on a PA system buy cheap expect top results not going to happen.. I bet it sounds first class especially with never walk alone but most stadiums do.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was pleasantly surprised to actually hear some clarity tonight in the Dolman - something has been done to address the ongoing problem with the sound quality.

Maybe my email to RG got ball moving after years of inertia from the club.

Yeah of course it was all down to your email FFS

Archived