IGNORED

Last season’s promoted sides.

GrahamC

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Are now 3 of the bottom 4.

Would be willing to bet 2 of them go back down at season’s end.

Not so easy this Championship lark, is it?

Obviously still very early, but most of the “fanalysts” I’m in a group with were very bullish pre-season, but I think people don’t realise the gap there is most years. Especially if you lose the odd player or two over the summer and then find you’re not so attractive in the Championship.  Blackpool lost Sims and Ballard for example.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Obviously still very early, but most of the “fanalysts” I’m in a group with were very bullish pre-season, but I think people don’t realise the gap there is most years. Especially if you lose the odd player or two over the summer and then find you’re not so attractive in the Championship.  Blackpool lost Sims and Ballard for example.

True, plus some of the players being “bigged up” like Clarke-Harris & Yates (who have only scored a penalty each) are now finding out being marked by defenders of the calibre of Kalas is a completely different prospect from facing Crewe..

I reckon these 2 will go back down & Hull will be in the mix for the other place.

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Good draw for Derby as well, is Rooney taking a leaf out of Fergusons book by creating a bunker mentality there?

Excellent result.

Despite a weakened squad they have only lost twice.

Keeping themselves In with a chance of staying up, which is their only realistic goal.

5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Preston with a very late equaliser (94th min). The stoppage time was created by head injuries to multiple Preston players. They really are very unlucky with head injuries.

I wonder if there's a way to stop that kind of hi-jinx? I know a lot of City fans have a 'if you can't beat them, join them' approach to shithousery, but it would be nice for it to be reduced across the game. 

5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Preston with a very late equaliser (94th min). The stoppage time was created by head injuries to multiple Preston players. They really are very unlucky with head injuries.

Incredible that opposition sides don’t make referees aware of this, they have been doing it for years, every season at ours this happens late on when we are on the attack.

They really are a cynical, unpleasant side.

Had a look at some of the reports and highlights of games.

Good point for Derby absolutely, but seemed like pure bunker 2nd half. Preston can play some decent stuff mixed in with the cynicism, have some useful players anyway.

One theme to note, WBA and their pressing game. At this stage it seems that they might be happier with intensity but not necessarily possession.

If you give them the ball and challenge them to break you down, well it's a problem for them to solve.

Archived