IGNORED

Luton Town home match-day thread

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

At some point the spotlight has to turn to Nige, because this is reflecting his last one maybe two roles. We are showing very little if any progress, the same problems exist

Look at the squad . This reflects our recruitment not Pearson.  If you cannot see progress over the pile of poo he inherited you are being ridiculous. It is far from sorted but you are not understanding what a mess our club was in.  If only the real truth could be told. That Pearson even wanted to stick around is a miracle . If you think there is any manager of ability that wanted to touch our mess you are deluded . City fans ignorance is astounding. 

• Like 1

Think Luton’s 3 chances in 30 seconds flattered them and have been extrapolated out to us being badly beaten/not deserving anything. They didn’t create much 2nd half (nor did we) and don’t think we sat back as we have in the past with a lead, we just didn’t offer much going forward. Not the worst performance I’ve ever seen, but does seem as if getting 2 or 3 ahead is the likely route to our next home win and we struggle to break teams down and create decent chances at home. All my eggs are in the Conway basket, so maybe early Feb we’ll be up and running…

Bentley’s a classic keeper at this level, some things he does are Prem standard, but he’s not Prem for a reason, in the same way the rest of the team aren’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think you'll find that will be, verbatim, the Luton manager's post match comments.

Which keeper was making all the saves?

We were dreadful tonight and barely deserved a point. 0/10 for entertainment, lacked energy and the usual absence of control and any sort of quality.

I don't wholly disagree about the overall performance...but, having been gifted a lead, to fail to see it out - yet again - is ridiculous given the experience we have all over the pitch.

3 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think Luton’s 3 chances in 30 seconds flattered them and have been extrapolated out to us being badly beaten/not deserving anything. They didn’t create much 2nd half (nor did we) and don’t think we sat back as we have in the past with a lead, we just didn’t offer much going forward. Not the worst performance I’ve ever seen, but does seem as if getting 2 or 3 ahead is the likely route to our next home win and we struggle to break teams down and create decent chances at home. All my eggs are in the Conway basket, so maybe early Feb we’ll be up and running…

Bentley’s a classic keeper at this level, some things he does are Prem standard, but he’s not Prem for a reason, in the same way the rest of the team aren’t. 

Just like Mike Gibson. I am just waiting for the next big mistake and hoping it won’t lead to a goal

On reflection rather unfair on Gibson

6 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Look at the squad . This reflects our recruitment not Pearson.  If you cannot see progress over the pile of poo he inherited you are being ridiculous. It is far from sorted but you are not understanding what a mess our club was in.  If only the real truth could be told. That Pearson even wanted to stick around is a miracle . If you think there is any manager of ability that wanted to touch our mess you are deluded . City fans ignorance is astounding. 

Please enlighten me with this progress you see

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, pillred said:

If we carry on in the same vein performance and results wise at home I can see crowds plummeting, I know it's no guarantee of better results to sack the manager but I'm really beginning to doubt Nigel Pearson is a good fit for our club.

Was going to make a similar point re attendances, and add that they’ve already gone down in the last 2 games. That said,  clearly still mitigating COVID factors.

24 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

It’s just so boring. All the stopping and the tactical breaks and the ‘go down for a minute’… ugh maybe it’s because I’m not there in the ground tonight but Christ alive it’s tedious. 

Nope, believe me it was tedious at the ground also, turgid, total lack of quality. If it wasn’t so tense, with a lurking feeling of certain doom about to happen any moment, half the ground would have been napping. 

• Like 1