IGNORED

Luton Town home match-day thread

3 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Was he fouled before the goal? I didn’t see it from where I was sitting but listening to the playback of Radio Bristol’s commentary on the drive home, the commentator implied he was.

I thought so.  Momentarily they seemed to be waiting for a whistle which didn’t come, but there’s no excuse.  The ball could easily have been put out for a corner.

9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Was he fouled before the goal? I didn’t see it from where I was sitting but listening to the playback of Radio Bristol’s commentary on the drive home, the commentator implied he was.

I don’t think so, the Luton player just got his foot on the ball and flicked it against Bentley, it bounced clear for the other guy to cross. Should have been launched I to row z by one of them

You wanted Nakhi to stake a claim in the side, but I felt he hardly affected the game except to push Weimann wide which, from long experience, we know neutralises any goal threat he possesses.

I thought Jay did reasonably in mf. 

I'd have kept Pring on myself. Andy King didn't "steady us" as he was obviously intended to do.

At the end of the day we'll suffer from lack of goals this season with the strike "force" we deploy.  Getting someone to replace Diedhiou shouldve been a priority. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Can’t we get a witch doctor in or something - AG is clearly cursed 

Yes,  perhaps it was built on an ancient burial ground and the reconstruction of the gate disturbed the spirits again. Now they are getting their own back. Oh Dear! This could go on for ever!!

Nathan Jones reaction last night:

We gave one silly free-kick away and they punished us and they can do that because they score 65 per cent of their goals from set-plays. A big thing for me tonight was we were the only side with any flow, every time they had a set play or a throw-in, it takes them a minute to get the ball, then a minute to clean it so it was about playing off second balls.

“We had to create the tempo as the away side and I was really proud that we did that tonight because it should have been three or four at half-time, we should have been out of sight. I don’t mean to be disrespectful because Bristol City are a good side, manager is excellent but tonight we should have been out of sight.

“They scored with their only chance and I’m so pleased that we showed character once again to come back and score late. The game changers all contributed, Elijah, Carlos crosses is and Danny scores it."

Did it really take a minute to get the ball then a minute to wipe it ? Should it have been 4 0 at half time? Bit of an exaggeration there to me as always.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Nathan Jones reaction last night:

We gave one silly free-kick away and they punished us and they can do that because they score 65 per cent of their goals from set-plays. A big thing for me tonight was we were the only side with any flow, every time they had a set play or a throw-in, it takes them a minute to get the ball, then a minute to clean it so it was about playing off second balls.

“We had to create the tempo as the away side and I was really proud that we did that tonight because it should have been three or four at half-time, we should have been out of sight. I don’t mean to be disrespectful because Bristol City are a good side, manager is excellent but tonight we should have been out of sight.

“They scored with their only chance and I’m so pleased that we showed character once again to come back and score late. The game changers all contributed, Elijah, Carlos crosses is and Danny scores it."

Did it really take a minute to get the ball then a minute to wipe it ? Should it have been 4 0 at half time? Bit of an exaggeration there to me as always.

By the time Kalas gets over there as well probably best part of a minute. Glad to see we didn't use it as much second half.

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

IF he is fit, definitely. However I would be unpopular on here by starting him for Massengo at least for now. 

The way our MF was passed through last night, I think it should be a case of adding Williams and not swapping him in.

I would have HNM as attacking MF with 2 of Williams, King or James as the base.
Pring left, Weimann right and Wells up top. Playing Wells might stop us playing those aimless punts to the striker.